“A beautiful, stunning hotel - We absolutely loved it!!!”
Review of Ellenborough Park

Ellenborough Park
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Hook, United Kingdom
“A beautiful, stunning hotel - We absolutely loved it!!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We have just returned from a family weekend away staying at Ellenborough Park and all I can say is that it is one of the most amazing hotels we have ever stayed in and we travel alot!!!! The hotel inside and out is absolutely beautiful, with excellent facilities and very helpful and friendly staff. The hotel really has thought of everything you need for a relaxing weekend away with family or friends. The food and wine in both restaurants was absolutely gorgeous, with very relaxed atmospheres. The outside pool area is lovely and we would definitely recommend visiting the beautiful spa.

I can honestly say that I cannot think of one bad thing to say about Ellenborough Park, from the moment we drove through the beautiful grounds to be met by excellent staff and stepped in the relaxed atmosphere of the hotel, to the bar and the restaurants and the beautifully designed bedrooms and lounge areas, this has to be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and if you are thinking of visiting, do not heistate for one moment more - go ahead and book!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KatieBfromHook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Amazing hotel with outstanding grounds in a stunning part of the county. Service, unbelievable. When we arrived and started to get out of the car to park in the car park we were told to get back in the car and drive to the main entrance where they would help unload the car and then drive the car down to the car park. If we needed anything from the car or the car itself during the stay they would go and get the car for you.
When we arrived to very friendly and helpful staff, we were given a tour of the hotel and then shown to our room (about 11am).
Once in the room they explained where everything was - including how to use the 3 phones, the i-pod docking station, the minibar and tv (speakers into the bathroom).
The room was lovely. Beautifully designed with quality, elegance and style in mind and even better that it was all brand new. Hotel full of character and history.
Boot room very funny - rows of Hunters and Dubarry's (£265 a pair!!) to borrow to go walking. Staff are willing to tell you about the many walks.
Food - could not fault in any way. The 'Fillet Beef Burger with Applewood Smoked Cheese and tomato and red onion salsa' was the best burger we had ever had. There were other people in the restaurant saying the same about the burger. All food was presented immaculately and so tasty. Spa - lovely. Stylish and relaxing.
Enjoy your stay. You wont be dissapointed!!!

Room Tip: Look around for deals - booking.com
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GemmaEloise
London
Reviewed 22 May 2011

You'd think it would be the 15th century manor house, poached eggs and salmon breakfasts, loan of wellington boots, 5 star spa treatments or the rather special Grand Hall that make Ellenborough Park the special place that it is, but I beg to differ. The (numerous) helpful, smiley staff made our stay this weekend a very special weekend indeed. Wonderful people in a wonderful place. We are already planning our next trip back. Thank you to all at Ellenborough Park

Room Tip: Check for best deals (we paid £148)
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KMcDLondon
Forest of Dean
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I arrived at the hotel to be met by the welcoming staff, who valet drove my car back to the car park. The friendly porter staff carried my many bags up to my room, which was a relief as they were so heavy.

The room was absolutely beautiful, with great views over to the racecourse. I also had binoculars in my room to have a good look at the race track. My friends and I then ate at the fine dining restaurant - which was absolutely divine! To start, I had the chicken and foie gras terrine, with mouth-watering winter picalilli. For main I had the fillet beef, which was cooked to perfection, and it was all finished off nicely with a local Cotswold cheese board for desert. The hotel's head chef even came out for a chat with us after our meal, which was nice.

After much wine , I retired up to my room, where to my delight the hotel staff had prepared my bed ready for me to sleep in and put fresh bottles of water on the bedside table. The bed was so comfortable to sleep in and the next day I enjoyed probably the best Full English I've ever had.

The only criticism is that in the middle of the night, my room was incredibly hot. Luckily, the air-con (which the porters had showed me to use at the start of the evening) sorted that problem, and in no time I was comfortably fast asleep on the gorgeously relaxing mattress.

The service that I received at Ellenborough Park exceeded my expectations and I would definitely recommend this hotel for a luxury get-away.

Room Tip: Some rooms have great racecourse views
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SorryMissJackson
London
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Booked in for a long weekend to coincide with a family celebration and the hotel and its staff could not have done more to impress; even re-opening the pool for a late arrival swim which my 7 yr old was desperate to try. The outdoor pool was at a balmy Caribbean temperture. The building and grounds are gorgeous, the rooms very well equipped and they serve a terrific full English breakfast. If you want a place for a special break in a lovely part of England I would certainly recommend Ellenborough Park.

Room Tip: pool side rooms for children are best
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PCO
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I never write reviews, although I always read them before booking anywhere. I just feel that I need to write about my wonderful stay at Ellenborough Park, it is quite simply superb, from the rooms, the service and best of all the food. I booked for myself and my daughter as a treat for her 21st. We arrived just after 11, not expecting to go straight to our room, lets face it most hotels have you waiting until 3pm at least, not here, we were given a grand tour of the magnificent rooms in the main part of the hotel and then shown to our room, which was absolutely lovely and best of all it looked out onto the pool, which we took full advantage of as the weather was great.

We'd booked the fine dining, and fine dining it was, the food and service was exceptional, I couldn't find fault with anything and believe me, I usually can. I'd brought a rather sad looking birthday cake for my daughter, which I'd left in the car, and it certainly looked as if it had seen better days, however, when it was brought out as requested during coffee, it had had a complete make over - magnificent. Make sure you eat here as you won't be disappointed. I only wish I could have stayed another night.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank joclarkwheeler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheltenham
Buckland Manor Country House Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,134 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings

Been to Ellenborough Park? Share your experiences!