Ellenborough Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
No 38 The Park(Cheltenham)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
1,452 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolbeaufort dining roomboot roomafternoon teathe fine dining restaurantmain buildingbeautiful hotelclassic roomluxury roomcheltenham race coursesconessteam room and saunaspa facilitiescountry housefive star hotelfour poster bedattention to detail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was the second time my boyfriend and I have stayed at the hotel. First time we stayed in the main building, the second in the new addition. Both rooms were immaculate and stylish.
The hotel is impressive and the service, attentive but discrete. I can’t stand poor service so this is a key point when I stay in a hotel. I was extremely impressed by the attitude of the staff and their attention to detail.
We had the Valentines set menu with chosen wine. It was beautifully presented and had a superb taste. Again the service was attentive but not fussy.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a luxurious weekend away.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building have lots of character but you pay for it. The new building is lovely but you have to cross a small courtyard to reach it (not wheelchair freindly).
1  Thank BexsH
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here for two nights with my parents and brother in mid February. To say it was amazing would be an understatement. A beautiful building, high ceilings, open fires and surrounded by beautiful gardens. Even the new parts of the hotel have been added so sympathetically it's hard to separate out the new from the old. The service is what really stands out- all the staff were amazing but especially Laura on reception- very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were spacious and the bathroom was larger than some hotel rooms I have seen before. Breakfast was delicious- the eggs florentine some of the best I have had in ages.

Also they will lend you walking boots and coats and give you details of local walks to go on.

The only thing that let the place down a bit was the food in the brasserie. The steak was quite poor, duck overcooked and lacking flavour, potato dauphinois was mushy. I would give the brasserie a miss and try No.7 wine bar and restaurant in Cheltenham, where we went the next evening. It's not on tripadvisor for some bizarre reason but is a local favourite.

So apart from the brassiere- this hotel is AMAZING. Stay there. Eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We went to Ellenborough Park to celebrate a special birthday. We bought the Ultimate Luxury Break, which was as described "Luxurius". The food was excellent, the service exceptional, the room fabulous. Have a massage in the Spa, as its fantastic and so relaxing. Two minor points which would deduct half star: When we arrived, we had an extra £100 debited from my card on top of the package rate for expenses. I was a bit surprised as I expected to pay at the end for any extras. I was informed that this just in case there wasn't enough credit on my card..charming! Secondly it would be nice to have some more "reasonably priced" wines in the main dining room. However I expect most people would say that if you have to ask the price of anything at his hotel, then you shouldn't be there! However it was a lovely stay.

2  Thank Nick N
Reviewed 16 February 2012

As is often the case on Tripadvisor I am writing this review under the Hotel section, when all I did was eat there. There is a separate listing for the Brazzerie at Ellenborough Park but the dining room, which is open to the public, doesn't. So read no further if you are thinking of staying there, apart from being assured that this beautiful building is worth a visit and has wonderful views over Cheltenham, most notably the Racecourse.

Three of us went for lunch as a belated Birthday celebration for one of my friends. We were the only people there, but it was a Thursday in February and 2 days after Valentines so I wouldn't read too much into that, although my friends went on the previous Sunday and had much the same experience.

Lunch is on one of 2 options of set courses, one somewhat cheaper than the other, we all opted for the cheaper variety at £18 for 2 courses or £24 for three, personally I thought the extra £6 for a dessert was a bit rich and coffee on top of that at £4.50 makes the total close to £30 per head so this is not cheap. Nevertheless the food was of an excellent standard (I had pan fried smoked salmon which made up in taste what it lacked in quantity, followed by delicious chicken breast with leeks, quite my favourite vegetable.

The wine list was extensive but not cheap, we chose a very refreshing white at £26, which was perfect for a lunch time drink.

The service was perfect, the ambiance relaxing, Id go back, if only to see if they do get busy!

Total bill for 3, £110, they do not add service, but I left a tip, they deserved it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ac4941
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The restoration of the property - down to the very details - is sensitive and amazingly beautiful. Roaring log fires, fairly priced food and drinks, totally free unlimited wi-fi, and for a hotel of this grandeur a welcome and unexpected lack of corporate feel. The staff are friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Romantic, large, almost feels like you are a guest at this grand old property, except the linen is more luxurious, the furnishings more clean, the rooms more warm. I didn't find dust anywhere. Stained glass windows, wood panelling, mezzanine alcoves...

1  Thank N_G988