“Weekend stay”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
London
“Weekend stay”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Went for a weekend to get way from it all!!. Standard of service and attention to details was excellent. Food in both restaurants was very good, and there are plenty of things to do in the area. Room was very nice. Came home unwound an relaxed. I would go back again.

Went shooting at the Ian Coley shooting school on there "have a go package" which was really good fun.

Room Tip: Ring the hotel it was cheaper than any of the tarrifs offered online
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was looking for a hotel to propose to my girlfriend and booked the Ellenborough Park. The staff could not do more, arranging for flowers and dressing the room for me. From the moment I parked up in the car park and was met by a vallet I felt I was the number one priority. The attention to customers is amazing and the staff all make you feel important to them. The room was great and had an incredible bathroom. Overall Fantastic.
P.S Dont forget a swim in the outdoor heated pool!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EmAnt1204
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Our first trip to the Cotswold area and we wanted luxury in a rural setting. Ellenborough Park delivered on both counts! The staff is extremely attentive. Special kudos to Sarah...I believe she is one of the managers......she made sure that we were happy with our accomdations and she was a genuine delight to deal with. Also, Jose, the sommelier, was fabulous...extremely knowledgeable and passionate about wines. Great ambiance, food and service in a manor-like setting. This is not a country bed and breakfast but, considering all that you get, is actually a good value! Loved it!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank josephpalermino
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Wonderful the most amazing hotel, staff just great they took great care of us and I would recommend it to anyone

Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I booked Ellenborough Park through Mr and Mrs Smith for a birthday treat for my husband and we had a great weekend.

I couldn't believe how beautiful our room was. It was better than it looked in the photos on the website which is unusual. One of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in with a massive comfortable bed and huge bathroom with underfloor heating lovely standalone bath and double shower.

I thought that staff were excellent. As soon as we pulled into the car park an attendant appeared from nowhere standing at my door with an umbrella and took all of our luggage (.I felt quite sorry for him as although we were only staying for 2 nights I had managed to pack for 2 weeks as usual). Our luggage was in our room when we arrived after a painless check in.

It was a shame that the weather wasn't too nice because the grounds were beautiful and we would have like to have taken advantage of them a bit more. There is actually a boot room where you can borrow wells and rain macs for your walk which I thought was a really good idea.

The first night we took a taxi into Cheltenham and had dinner at a lovely restaurant called Monty's brasserie which we thoroughly enjoyed. Nice cocktails and lovely food.

The second night we planned to eat at Jamie's Italian restaurant but we were so tired that we decided to relax in the hotel and booked dinner in the hotel restaurant. Well- I'm so pleased that we did because the food and service there was great. We perused the menu over a fantastic cocktail in front of the fire in the lounge and placed our order before being seated. The food was really lovely and the service very good.

I would really recommend a trip here. I hope to go back one day when hopefully we have some nice weather so I can use the outside pool and enjoy the grounds.

The breakfast that was included was also very nice. A buffet of cold meats, cheese, cereals etc... plus a cooked breakfast of your choice.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsHoman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My new Husband and I got married at the Ellenborough Park on 22nd June 2012, I really don't even know where to start with the praise. Throughout the entire planning stage the events team were incredible, nothing was too much trouble and they literally covered off everything, which when you are planning a wedding its great to have that piece of mind.
From the moment we arrived the day before the big day we were treated like royalty, nothing was too much trouble and all the staff are so welcoming and can't do enough for you.
The rooms are to die for, the beds are the most comfortable beds I have and probably will ever sleep in, the food is incredible and I think reasonably priced for a 5* hotel.
Our guest were quite simply blown away by the venue and are still talking about how fantastic the food, wine and service was.
We stayed an extra night and had a 3 course meal in the evening, I had the beef as my main and it was the best beef I have ever tasted!
All in all my husband and I had an faultless experience having our wedding at the Ellenborough and everything was perfect. I would without doubt say this is the best hotel experience/stay I have ever had.
Thank you to all the staff at the Ellenborough for making our wedding day the best day of our lives.
Hopefully see you all again on our 1st anniversary!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic, we stayed by the gallery. It was quite and gave us a great view of the...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Brereton
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband, 2 yr old son and dog stayed at the hotel in June 2012. We wanted a king size bed, a room that took a dog and advice on how big the cotbeds were for our son. The staff could not have been more helpful. They sent dimensions of their travel cots. it was too small so they explained that a mattress on the floor could be arranged if we were worried about him falling out of a z bed. All of this was resolved before we even arrived.
We were in room 58 in the new section. It was expansive, luxurious and extremely comfortable. A bed , bowl and poop scoop had even been supplied for our dog. A baby bath and nappy bin was also supplied. If we only rated the hotel on its' service for children and dogs it would still get a 5 star. As it turned out we couldn't fault anything. The pool was lovely and warm. Service around the pool was great. Staff were friendly and professional. The brasserie was an excellent place to dine with a 2 yr old and had a great childrens menu. The breakfast buffet was incomparable. Everyone , from the gardener to the receptionists, were faultless. This place is a real treat and we left feeling rested and spolit rotten.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms in the new block. Rooms 57 and 58 have patio doors and a place to s...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ggandtb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheltenham
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#6 of 6 in Broadway
No 38 The Park
No 38 The Park
#5 of 23 in Cheltenham

Been to Ellenborough Park? Share your experiences!