Ellenborough Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
No 38 The Park(Cheltenham)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
1,452 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolbeaufort dining roomboot roomafternoon teathe fine dining restaurantmain buildingbeautiful hotelclassic roomluxury roomcheltenham race coursesconessteam room and saunaspa facilitiescountry housefive star hotelfour poster bedattention to detail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Many hotels have great facilities and/or beautiful settings, but what made our holiday was the service. From the valet who helped with our luggage to the headwaiter at the formal restaurant all the staff there made us feel very welcome, and they were more than happy to accomodate where possible. My wife asked what time the outdoor heated pool closed, and the person at guest services just said the can keep it open till whatever time she wanted. I am definitely happy to recommend this hotel to anyone on the service alone. Travelling with a baby under a year old, we welcomed all the help they provided.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank DavidDoubleU
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a family wedding inbearly July. I was suitably impressed with the hotel. The staff were helpful, polite and attentive at all time. The food that we had throughout the stay was beautiful, well presented and tasty. The rooms that we booked for our immediate family were all superbly appointed and spacious. The beds, pillows and bedding were luxurious and certainly ensured a deep and restful night sleep? It was expensive however, I would certainly return this time without the family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I booked a table for two to celebrate a special occasion. I had frequently dined at this hotel (formally the De La Bere) about 30 years ago and was curious to see if the current owners had spoilt the beautiful original features. I'm pleased to report that the architects have combined new with old with some success. The Ellenborough Park is set in a fabulous landscaped parkland with additional cotswold stone buildings. The original rooms, which include a breathtaking anteroom and dining room, have been lovingly restored at no expense. Anyway, enough of the gushing - more of the evening in question......the staff were polite, attentive and friendly. The meal very good. The problem came when I questioned the large amount of sediment which had accumulated in the bottom of my very expensive South African red wine. The sommelier was summoned and proceeded to explain that this was normal for good wines! As this was a special occasion, I had to bite my tongue and order another glass of red (this time an excellent and equally expensive Australian, miraculously with no sediment). I'm afraid this incident spoilt an otherwise good dining experience as I felt the sommelier was talking out of his teutonic postier. Sediment in the wine bottle, yes but not in the glass - have they not heard of decanting?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank awesome_oracle
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

Situation magnificent. Historical architecture and beautiful designs are stunning. Rooms and lounges are luxurious. Restaurant service and menus are certainly of the best in the world. To be recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Knysalan
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a couple of nights to experience the English countryside. We were not disappointed. We stayed in a standard room, which felt just like a suite to me. The bathroom was the size of my San Francisco apartment. I spent most of my time in there enjoying the heated floors and heated towel rack. The staff was attentive and always there to ensure we were having a good time. They arranged for our horse back riding jaunt through the hills. We dined at both restaurants. Of course the fine dining room was our favorite. We were greeted at the door and offered pre-dinner cocktails in the Great Hall. After a two and half hour fantastic dining experience, the highlight being the cheese cart, we went on a walk around the grounds. At the gazebo, at dusk, my boyfriend proposed. It was a great stay - although I may be a bit partial. Thanks Ellenborough Park for providing a beautiful setting for a night we will never forget!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple