“Fantastic and luxurious hotel ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ellenborough Park

Ellenborough Park
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and luxurious hotel ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights attending my friends wedding and I was blown away by the hotel. The surroundings are very picturesque and the building itself was beautiful. When I checked in, staff were very friendly and took my bags to my room. My room was very spacious and immaculately clean.

Dinner was fantastic although I never quite made breakfast either of the days I stayed! Would definitely recommend staying here if you want a romantic break away for the weekend.

Stayed November 2015, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glasg0wB0y
EllenboroughPk, General Manager at Ellenborough Park, responded to this review, 8 January 2016
Thank you for your lovely review of Ellenborough Park. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and I do hope your friends had a fabulous wedding. We have such beautiful surroundings, perfect for a wedding. I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it down for breakfast on either day but we are always here so you'll have to come back to visit us again to experience that!

I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Oliver Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2015

On arrival the spectacular gardens were laid out in front of you, as you drive towards the hotel, definately the WOW factor. After being assisted with my luggage, I was checked in and taken to my beautiful room and shown where everything was!
Luxury on another level!! The Brasserie staff were friendly, helpful and very efficient, the food was great, and a fantastic choice at very reasonable prices for a 5 Star hotel.
Breakfast was memorable, beautiful breakfast room, delicious choice of food, happy bubbly staff too!
I didn't have time for a Spa treatment, but did have a look round, and read through the list of treatments available - definately a must for next time.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone, for afternoon tea, lunch, or a special weekend.

• Stayed November 2015, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your brilliant review. I am delighted to read that you were impressed with the WOW factor drive leading up to Ellenborough Park and that the rest of your stay matched this. It sounds like you had a fantastic time and I will certainly pass your comments onto all of our teams at the hotel.

I hope we will see you again soon, maybe you can book in for that Spa treatment that you didn't have the time for.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2015

on the plus side a lovely big room with gorgeous views and a stunning looking hotel. I confess though I found the service poor - my wife came with me for business but found the breakfast service disappointing. Came away with the impression that the staff didn't want to be there - asked for poached eggs, only one arrived, didn't take plates, didn't ask if we wanted more t and coffee - the waiters couldn't be bothered. The asked for cheese - but no crackers and then a 10 minute wait. In fact the service at breakfast was so poor we decided to have lunch elsewhere.
The spa should be open later than 7 pm, its too early to close - there should be bags for swimming kit etc - it shouldn't be necessary to ask.
we wanted to be blown away but it was just average.

• Stayed December 2015, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Moshe613London
EllenboroughPk, General Manager at Ellenborough Park, responded to this review, 4 December 2015
Many thanks for your email and I am pleased that you were very happy with your room, the hotel and the gorgeous views.
We apologise for the delay in serving breakfast to you and for the incomplete order you received. We will be discussing the points you have raised with the relevant teams and should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do get in touch directly.
As you will see from our other reviews, guest satisfaction is an area that we dedicate ourselves to and I hope that you will return to the hotel again in the future so you may see for yourselves that Ellenborough Park is a special destination.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2015

Highly recommend this hotel. We booked very last minute on the morning of the day we were going. All the staff we extremely friendly and professional, they clearly had been trained very well. Our room package came with a number of perks we were not expecting, such as a free 3 course dinner in the Brasserie on the first night, breakfast included on both mornings and a bottle of prosecco on arrival in our room. We also requested a late check out which the accommodated with no fuss - 1.5hrs extra!
It was a lovely weekend, the food was good (breakfasts were lovely!), the staff were great, our room was lovely with a huge bathroom and bed.
We swam in the heated outdoor pool even though it was nearing 2 degrees outside - It was lovely! They have a boot room with hunter wellies, Dubarry boots and Dubarry coats for anyone to use for walks.
Would recommend driving to Stow on the Wold and Burford which are beautiful towns and Stow has some great country pubs.

Highly recommend we had a fantastic weekend.

Stayed November 2015
1 Thank HendoLucy
Many thanks for your lovely comments on your stay at Ellenborough Park. I am thrilled that you had such a tremendous experience and it certainly sounds like you made the most of the facilities... it is great having a heated outdoor pool that is open all year round.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon and I look forward to it.

Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2015

Our room was excellent, very spacious and spotless. We only had one night here as it was a gift from our daughter.The room was on the first floor and had a feeling of peace and tranquility(no noise from any other guests).The hotel staff were very nice and polite. We would return to this venue.The only downside of our visit was the breakfast, which was cold and insufficient.For a hotel of this calibre, it was a disappointment.

• Stayed December 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Happy New Year!

Many thanks for your feedback on your stay at Ellenborough Park. I am pleased that you had a lovely visit. Apologies for your experience at breakfast, I will ensure that this is fed back to the necessary teams and we appreciate all comments, both negative and positive, to be able to ensure this is rectified in future.

We hope to welcome you back to Ellenborough Park again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2015

Very luxurious spacious room with super comfortable bed. Very nice staff, friendly and helpful. Weather was too poor to try the pool but hopefully next time! Good food, especially breakfast. Would like to come back and spend some time in the spa!

• Stayed November 2015, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank daftlupin
EllenboroughPk, General Manager at Ellenborough Park, responded to this review, 20 November 2015
Thank you for your kind comments on your stay at Ellenborough Park. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time and we would be delighted to welcome you back again soon. Hopefully weather permitting you can take a dip in the pool too.

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2015

Have dined here several times and the entire experience has been outstanding each time. From coming up the drive, relaxing in the lounge and having dinner, the Ellenborough oozes class. the staff are friendly, the premises sophisticated and the food excellent. Truly a 5-star hotel and Cheltenham's finest

• Stayed September 2015, travelled on business
2 Thank Andy M
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your experience at Ellenborough Park. It is always a delight to hear that our guests have had such an 'outstanding' time with us and I will certainly be passing your feedback onto the teams here who play such a big part in making it an experience for you.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Mervyn Parrish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheltenham
Buckland Manor Country House Hotel
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,555 reviews
Calcot Manor
Calcot Manor
#1 of 1 in Calcot

Been to Ellenborough Park? Share your experiences!