Lypiatt House
  • Breakfast included
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
All reviewshonesty barnice restaurants within walking distancefreshly prepared fruitcharming buildinglarge selection of fruitdrawing roommontpellier arealarge housepremium roomgorgeous breakfastlots of nice restaurantstop floornice loungetown centrecooked breakfastroom was beautifully decoratedminute walk
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The house itself is beautiful however, the couple who run it are a different matter, very abrupt, rude and are not interested in anything other than taking your money. I stopped with a friend and everything was fine until I spilt coffee on the bedding. I rinsed the bedding through, and then tried to speak someone about it - which is near impossible, there wasn't ever anyone on reception and if you phone reception you get an answerphone, leave a message and it will be ignored! so before we went out to dinner we took the bedding downstairs, put it behind the reception and once we managed to get hold of the male proprietor explained what had happened. Instead of thanking us for rinsing the bedding out we were spoken to like children,asked if we had ruined it and told we would be charged for spilling the coffee (extra washing charges), there was also a lot of sighing and general attitude towards us. We went to dinner, came back and the bedding hadn't been replaced so my friend had to give me some of her bedding! Upon check out there was an charge for washing the "extra" bedding, we did refuse to pay this as there wasnt any extra bedding and reluctantly it was deducted off the final bill. The lady ( I use the term very loosley) who took our payment was aggresive in her manner and very rude. She snatched the card out of my friends hand, then after she had taken the payment was again rude to my friend telling her to take her bag off the reception desk even though she was trying to put the credit card in her bag. After the payment had been taken we were asked to leave and escorted to the door..... Not once did my friend raise her voice, she tried very calmly to explain what had happened...... I said if either of us had been a man there was no way we would have been spoken to in such a dreaful manner to which the delightful woman replied..... you're lucky its not my husband who's dealing with you!!!!! Upon reading other reviews it would seem ours is not an isolated case of rudeness and bad attitude!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I recently enjoyed a 2 night stay at Lypiatt House with my daughter. We were delighted to be given a lovely large room in this beautiful property. The Hosts were friendly without being overly so and the service was excellent. The whole house was immaculate and walking up the stairs to see the sun shining through the stained glass windows was a joy. Free parking and close to all amenities...we couldn't have wished for more. I would certainly return to Lypiatt House.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2013

A lovely two night stay in Cheltenham; we thought it may have been three if we had been snowed in and were reassured that would not have been a problem. Very comfortable, clean and warm double room with crisp white sheets. Lovely breakfast. Good Internet access, free wifi. Would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We arrived for a 2 night stay and had a wonderful time. The hosts were very welcoming and we were given lots of tips and advice on where to eat.Our room was at the top of the house and very comfortable with everything you would want. My only reservation was that the room is on the small side and built in the eaves which meant I banged my head a few times on the ceiling but this is my only complaint about the whole stay. The breakfast was extremely good and the free car parking was greatly appreciated as you normally expect to have to pay for parking within a town or city. The location is fantastic, only 5-10 walk to the local bars, restaurants and shops. We would highly recommend a meal at Flynns, very good food and service. I would definitely stay here again but would prefer a different room that offered more space. A very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: If you're tall then request a room on the ground or first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Great welcome, We had two double rooms that were of a very high standard, modern and clean.
The lounge, conservatory and dining room were also very good, decorations to a very good standard all over the property
Breakfast was perfect cooked to order with fresh food and good service.
Handy for the town just 5 mins walk
top marks, Will definately use again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends