Lypiatt House
  • Breakfast included
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
All reviewshonesty barnice restaurants within walking distancefreshly prepared fruitcharming buildinglarge selection of fruitb bdrawing roommontpellier arealarge housepremium roomgorgeous breakfastlots of nice restaurantstop floornice loungetown centrecooked breakfastroom was beautifully decorated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I spent two very nice nights staying at the Lypiatt House. The hotel is beautiful, clean, and very well kept. The rooms are nicely decorated and the bathroom was spotless. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was prepared to order, fresh and plentiful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cheltenham it is also very near the town centre and just a couple of minutes away from the shops and restaurants in both the Suffoks and Montpellier. Well worth a stay, i shall be staying again on my next trip.

Room Tip: top floor rooms are a bit smaller and tend to have low ceilings.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We have literally just arrived home from our stay at this beautiful house and wanted to express our thanks for the most lovely stay in Cheltenham. The house is immaculate, the bedroom and shower room were spotless, the breakfast had a lovely selection of fresh fruit (and I mean fresh) ~ exceptionally well presented, filter coffee followed by a really, really nice cooked breakfast of your choice. We could not have been made more welcome and for that we wanted to say a warm 'thank you' to all at Lypiatt House

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine D
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Enjoyed a very pleasant weekend at this Hotel. Welcome was friendly,room was lovely, breakfast was very good ( not buffet as described by another reviewer) and the whole place is immaculately clean. We were extremely pleased with our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again and to recommend the Lypiatt to anyone.
There is an "honesty bar" in the lounge and conservatory which is a pleasant place to sit at the end of the evening. I just hope that this reliance on honesty doesn't get abused as we saw happening on one evening because I think it is a really nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Myself & my husband stayed at this hotel for 2 nights,the hotel itself is beautiful modern plus old styling all rolled into one, and clean, it was lovely, the buffet style breakfast was georgeous, the bedroom was quite small, with a very low ceiling especially for my 6 foot 2 husband when he kept banging his head., but we were on the top floor The hospitality was great all the staff were very polite and courteous, would stay again - value for money!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The house itself is beautiful however, the couple who run it are a different matter, very abrupt, rude and are not interested in anything other than taking your money. I stopped with a friend and everything was fine until I spilt coffee on the bedding. I rinsed the bedding through, and then tried to speak someone about it - which is near impossible, there wasn't ever anyone on reception and if you phone reception you get an answerphone, leave a message and it will be ignored! so before we went out to dinner we took the bedding downstairs, put it behind the reception and once we managed to get hold of the male proprietor explained what had happened. Instead of thanking us for rinsing the bedding out we were spoken to like children,asked if we had ruined it and told we would be charged for spilling the coffee (extra washing charges), there was also a lot of sighing and general attitude towards us. We went to dinner, came back and the bedding hadn't been replaced so my friend had to give me some of her bedding! Upon check out there was an charge for washing the "extra" bedding, we did refuse to pay this as there wasnt any extra bedding and reluctantly it was deducted off the final bill. The lady ( I use the term very loosley) who took our payment was aggresive in her manner and very rude. She snatched the card out of my friends hand, then after she had taken the payment was again rude to my friend telling her to take her bag off the reception desk even though she was trying to put the credit card in her bag. After the payment had been taken we were asked to leave and escorted to the door..... Not once did my friend raise her voice, she tried very calmly to explain what had happened...... I said if either of us had been a man there was no way we would have been spoken to in such a dreaful manner to which the delightful woman replied..... you're lucky its not my husband who's dealing with you!!!!! Upon reading other reviews it would seem ours is not an isolated case of rudeness and bad attitude!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends