Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Only stayed one night, but lovely house, conveniently located on the edge of Montpellier district. Large room, tastefully decorated (Tivoli) with everything you would expect. Delicious breakfast with lots of choice.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: We stayed in Tivoli which over looks the pretty garden. Very quiet.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaineyJay
Reviewed 13 April 2017

99.9% of people who place hotel reviews have never been a professional hotel reviewer or "mystery guest" if preferred as I have been for many years. That is why they are often well off the mark. I am also constantly surprised how, what are in essence, "guest (boarding if you prefer) houses" can be given a 5 star rating when they have so few facilities: an argument I have had with the hotel "establishment" for years. This is a spotlessly clean house with charming managers, an honesty bar and a car park. Now the downside. It offers a well cooked breakfast but portion sizes are what any restaurant would describe as "children's portions". I also HATE old HP sauce bottles not being replaced but continually refilled with a lower cost catering brand as my travelling companion (an ex hotel manager) alleges was the case here . The room was described as a "Club Room" which in most "hotels" offers a degree of upgrade over a standard room. Maybe this was the case but the room was small (one couldn't swing a club) and the shower room small and dimly lit. Due to the sloping ceilings in the room (and shower room) banging your head was a constant. If staying here and you have mobility problems ask for a low room as there is no lift.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

My husband booked Lypiatt House for a surprise birthday weekend away of pampering and the service we received upon arrival at Lypiatt House was certainly 5 star. Frank and Tania were such warm hosts and made us feel very welcome, looking after us from check in, to serving a delicious breakfast each day and making sure we had everything we needed during our stay. We were greeted by Tania and shown around the house and given a map of Cheltenham centre which was a 5 minute walk from the guest house.

We stayed in a premium room, named The Tivoli room, on the first floor. The room was beautifully decorated and equipped with tea and coffee, bottled water, biscuits and toiletries, all re stocked daily. Both bedroom and bathroom were extremely clean and hot water for baths and showers was plentiful.

The breakfast each day (served between 8-9.30am at weekends) consisted of a range of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, pastries and a selection of cooked breakfasts including full English, porridge, eggs benedict, and including some salmon and avocado options (my fave!) all cooked by Frank and Tania themselves.

On Friday night we went for a lovely authentic Thai dinner at Thai Brasserie about 5 minutes down the road at the top of the town, and then Saturday night my husband treated me to a 2 Michelin star meal at le champingnon sauvage - highly recommended for a special occasion!

Our hosts at the guest house really were the jewel in the crown. Being 5 months pregnant and my birthday they presented me with a beautiful bunch of roses on our departure to wish me well.

Cannot recommend Lypiatt House enough and will definitely be choosing to stay there when next in Cheltenham.

Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2017

My three night stay at Lypiattt House was an interesting and enjoyable experience. Excellent location in Montpellior region of Cheltenham with excellent bars and places to eat within a short walking distance. A beautiful property with good sized , clean and comfortable rooms . It is quite here but that suited myself and the other guest . Excellent WIFI. Small Parking area that fills up quickly but there is free street parking in easy walking distance. Breakfast is excellent and cooked to order but starts at 07:30 which may be an issue if you are on business and need to be in work early. Only downside for me is the shower over the bath is so slow I'm 6Ft 6in tall that i had to kneel to wash my hair. Small inconvenience. May be the other rooms are different . I would certainly stay again when Im in Cheltenham

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Frank and Tania made us feel very welcome at this lovely hotel when we stayed for the weekend. Nothing was too much trouble and the rooms were warm and cosy. We had the drawing room to ourselves and were able to sit and read with a glass of wine in the late afternoon. Nice restaurants within walking distance and the breakfast at the hotel is perfect. Bowls of freshly prepared fruit, fresh pastries and cooked to order breakfast (and Tania gets the fried eggs and toast just right - not an easy task). The rooms are very quiet at night too - no noisy neighbours. A perfect weekend break.

Room tip: All rooms are different - let Frank know what's important to you and he'll make sure you get the perfect room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple