“Very good”

The Greatfield
Ranked #208 of 453 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Visit The Greatfield in Cheltenham for authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub warmed by a cosy fire. Our pub-food menu features classic meals made with award-winning ingredients. Included are seasonal specials and buffet food for all occasions, and great value set menus too. You'll also find a hand-picked range of perfectly conditioned cask ales on tap, and a selection of fine wines from around the world. A true local in Cheltenham, we’re a great place to meet up with friends and swap stories. Take part in our weekly quiz, or just come to eat and relax in our stylish pub surroundings.
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Visited here for a meal prior to a wedding ceremony.
Had the two courses for 6.95, food was good quality, fresh and hot.
The chocolate brownie was the best I have ever had!

Visited February 2014

Cheltenham Spa
“Better all the time.”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I started off with a low opinion of this place but during the last year it has improved beyond recognition. The staff are now well trained and helpful and friendly. The food is pretty good. I think this is up to bistro standards. The menu is quite extensive but not expensive. I think we will visit more frequently in the future.

Visited February 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have been a regular customer of this pub for 20 years. I usually have a pleasant time, but tonight on the 31st of Janurary at closing time (last orders just called) the toilets were locked, so asked a member of staff why they were locked. Her reply was "pee outside" she reluctantly unlocked them. When challenging this on my way out I am asked to keep my voice down. No one then seems to find this an issue. It it normal to "pee in the park" on the way home. Am I the only one that finds this offensive?

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank carol g
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“Great food, setting and low on cost”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I visited this pub/restaurant for a works christmas meal and was pleasantly surprised. The food was lovely, huge portions and with most people all trying different dishes in our party there wasn't anyone who was left disappointed. Also the cost for the christmas meal being 3 courses was brilliant as I have eaten out several times this month and nothing compares to this menu for choice, value and great food. Highly recomend it!

• Visited December 2013
Leicester
“Bit disappointing”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I usually come here when I visit Cheltenham and have a catch up with my friends. I ordered the chicken chimney pie but it was so dry inside, the puff pastry was burnt and the shortcrust pastry wasnt quite cooked. I asked for chips but they still gave me crushed up baby potatoes. The veg was overcooked and withered, tasted bitter? The waiter was probably new as he seemed confused and when I put up my hand to indicate the eton mess was mine, he just left it on the edge of the table about 2 metres away from me! Yes the food is cheap but bit hit and miss.