“Great place for a drink”

All Bar One Cheltenham
Ranked #33 of 495 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: International, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All Bar One Cheltenham is a stylish city bar where you can catch up with friends, unwind after work or simply find a sophisticated space to indulge in an excellent selection of food.Within easy reach of Bath Road, Suffolk Square and Montpellier, All Bar One Cheltenham is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in Cheltenham, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Mainly go here for a drink and the service is great. Amazing pre chelt races breakfast and good snack light lunch food.

General Manager A, Manager at All Bar One Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dan R, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We pride ourselves on our service here at All Bar One Cheltenham and are glad that you had a great time. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

It's been about 1 1/2 years since I first came to All Bar One. That 1st experience wasn't a very good one and unfortunately neither was this. We arrived at 1.30 and found a table immediately as the place wasn't busy. The waitress came to take our drinks order, these arrived but were unfortunately wrong (there were only 2 of us) she corrected this and then - nothing. Nothing for half an hour, no menu, no interaction at all until we caught her attention. I saw her disappearing into the back room with her drink in her hand but really, what did she think we were doing there if not to have something to eat? The menu has changed since the last visit but is just rather boring - although this is only my personal opinion. I had the chicken burger, it was ok, chicken was a bit dry, I also don't understand this new fad of putting burgers in a brioche bun. Why do you do that? It's sweet and it falls apart, it might be ok for the American palate but personally I don't like it one bit. At least this time the bill was correct. You guys need to train your staff. I think this is twice bitten for me. I won't be returning.

General Manager A, Manager at All Bar One Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi Websie, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us again was not a positive one. We would love the chance to speak with you directly about the issues you have raised so if you are willing please do email us at Cheltenham@allbarone.co.uk so these can be addressed accordingly. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This visit was meant to be a late morning pst exam celebration.... On the plus side, there were tables to host us, but on the less than positive, the food was less than mediocre....

Hi Fmf22, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Here at All Bar One Cheltenham, we are always looking for ways to improve; we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our manager on Cheltenham@allbarone.co.uk to discuss ways we can better serve you in the future. We hope this doesn't put you off visiting us again and we can win back your confidence in us. Thank you and we do hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This week we were meeting another couple at the Cheltenham Literature Festival for food but it was all closing down by 7pm so we looked for somewhere else to eat and ended up trying All Bar One for the first time. We've never been before and didn't know what to expect. It's right opposite Montpellier Gardens where the Cheltenham Festivals are often held - so a great recommendation for food if you're attending any of those.

I never usually order burgers but the selection looked so amazing that all four of us ordered a different burger to eat. I had the buttermilk chicken burger with smashed avocado - and it was amazing! I loved it. It came with a side of fries which were also delicious. There wasn't a single piece of food left on our table by the end of the meal. The beef burger got a great review from our friends too.

The food was beautifully presented on slates with small metal buckets of chips and the burgers ranged from £9-£14 which lots of additional extras you could add in.

We decided to have a hot drink afterwards and they all came with a small shot glass of Smarties which was a lovely touch. The milk was in a small ceramic bottle that we all liked too.

The service was great, informative, friendly and quick.

All in all we had a great evening and would definitely return there. It feels hard to find great food, service, ambience and those extra touches that make a meal more special - but this seemed to have it all.

Thank you for a lovely evening. I definitely ate too much but it was totally worth it!

P.S. Sorry I don't have a photo of the burger to show you - I should have taken one, it was beautifully presented.

General Manager A, Manager at All Bar One Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi Claire S, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at All Bar One Cheltenham. We're happy we could go beyond your expectations! We do hope if you're ever back visiting Cheltenham that you do come again to visit us. Thank you again for the great review, enjoy the rest of your day!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I have considered having a meal at the All One Bar many times and have now done so. The ambience is pleasing and the staff very pleasant and efficient. The lunch time menu is not large, but reasonably varied, offering burgers, wraps meat dishes and a couple of vegetarian options. As a vegetarian, I opted for the vegan burger and salad, both were delicious. It was more or less a green salad with a few baby tomatoes and grated carrot, with a lovely subtle dressing. The ingredients were good quality and meals cooked to order. Price wise very reasonable. I had a coffee and it was served with a small glass of smarties, a rather nice little touch. I will have no hesitation in going back.

Ann G, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us and do hope that we see you again soon! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!