“Very Impressed”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Visited the Norwood again after our improved experienced and I wasn't disapointed. We went for the sun and sat on the front with lovely music playing instead of the chefs radio on one of our previous visits.
To be fair I struggled t find something on the menu for me but plenty of people around were very happy with the choices, you can't please all of the people all of the time.
The service was great and the bar service was also very reasonable.
Whatever the Norwood is doing they need to keep it up as it's making a diiference!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I met a friend for breakfast yesterday and it just happened to be sunny so we thought we'd try sitting outside. It turned out to be lovely. There is a huge seating area outside which I had not realised was there. It was a great atmosphere and the bar staff were friendly and attentive. Unfortunately the standard of the food did not match the service and surroundings. I ordered a vegetarian breakfast which was ok but could have been better. It was very greasy and I always find it disappointing when you get vegetarian sausages like a vegetable patty rather than a meat alternative but it was good enough. The baked beans were a bit dry too, looked as if they had been reheated. Although the food wasn't great I have rated the experience as very good because of the location and staff.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

6 of us visited to celebrate 2 birthdays. First of all we had to wait at the bar to get served even though there was no-one else being served. We ordered our starters - prawn cocktails and was bitterley disappointed. The few prawns we had were tasteless and very few of them. Unlike the previous cocktails we had which were lovely. Our main courses arrived and again very disappointing. The steak was dry and over cooked, the fajitas were totally different in standard to our previous visit with minimal fillings for 3 wraps. The chips were re-heated and rubbery, the "grilled tomato" was black and the chicken was again of poor standard in comparison to previous visits. Then to cap it all, there was a "surprise cake" left behind the bar and when it was asked to be delivered to the table, it came out still in the box and still in the carrier bag!!! On previous visits the candles are put on, lit and delivered to the table as asked!! Once the bag was put on the table I had to ask for forks and napkins as theseweren't offered and surprise surprise surprise ....they never came. All in all we were extremely disappointed and will not be re-visiting.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Popped in for Sunday Lunch after a walk, you need to get there early before 12:30 to ensure table and quick service. The menu is varied and on Sundays has Roast meal specials which are excellent. The staff were very welcoming and worked hard to ensure the constant stream of customers were served quickly, but also personally.
I was surprised at the number of young children entering however due to the size of the Pub, they were easily accommodated and as a grown up family, we did not find ourselves affected.
Typical meals were about £8:00-£10 excellent deserts about £4 and good selection of beers

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Expect average food. My friend found a hard plastic shard in her sandwich. The beer was not well kept. Service was ok.

1  Thank Paddling_Diane