“Much better Norwood”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ordered some food in the sun few weeks ago and I braced for poor food, long delay at bar, ages to pay etc.. However I was very pleasantly surprised. The food arrived quickly and was very delicious and more waiting staff that you poke a stick at. The staff were also very attentive. Well done Norwood, I may have been very critical on other reviews but credit where credits due.

2  Thank DavePChelt

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate here the day I lost my horse so my mood was low and I wasn't even hungry. However, the staff were very kind and gave their best wishes, while the food was outstanding. We came with two of our three sons who where amused to find out that we had come to the Norwood for our very first date 25yrs ago! The burger i had was fantastic and the chips very tasty and came in a little bucket. All our meals were excellent.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Once a year my partners family have a gathering and chose a restaurant in Cheltenham as its central for everyone. This year they chose the Norwood. From the outside it looks quite nice. We walked in and made our way to our table. It was a lovely sunny day and they had the doors open to an outside seating area which looked nice. We were on a long table so next to impossible to talk to anyone who isn't sat next to you. We had pre-ordered our starters and main courses. Staff brought the starters out quite quickly. I ordered the prawn cocktail and my partner the soup. The presentation was far better than the actual food. The prawns were in a Kilner jar with some soggy lettuce lurking at the bottom. It had obviously been made days before and was too cold. The sauce was in a separate jar and was nice and tangy. The bread was just slightly stale. The soup was tasteless and a bit thin, we never did find out what flavour it was. There was quite a long wait for the staff to clear the table and then the main courses arrived. I had scampi which was just OK. Not a great deal of flavour and really could have done with being warmer. My partner had the Gammon. Bit of a surprise to find the meat was stone cold but the eggs and chips were warm. My partners kids had the burger and the sausage and mash. The burger was really well done, just shy of over cooked and the bread was dry. The sausages were nice but the mash lumpy and not at all appealing. The only thing I was impressed with were the serving staff. They were very pleasant, and did a good job. We didn't have pudding as didn't want yet more disappointing food. If you want to have a drink with friends in nice surroundings, this is a great place, but go elsewhere for the food. Overpriced and disappointing.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend went here and I ordered my drink and some onion rings and he ordered a pork sandwich off the sandwich deal and a drink as separate orders. We waited half an hour for the onion rings which were over priced as your only got about five for £3ish and we waited another ten minutes for the pork sandwich so thats 40 minutes in total for a sandwich.. It was very dry and unappetizing and I guess it had been sat under a heater and forgotten about for a long time

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Great location. Food and drink cheap but good.

Homemade pork scratchings are however overpriced and horrid.

Can't fault the staff