“Simple and delicious”

Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: You'll always find a warm welcome at O'Neill's in Cheltenham. Ours is a place where you're free to go with the flow. Where great food and drink is always served with a smile. And where, no matter whether you're a regular or a newcomer, our friendly team will make you feel at home.Irish pubs are known for their hospitality – a point we love proving here at O'Neill's in Cheltenham. We are one of the best pubs in Cheltenham for Irish food, drink and atmosphere. Come and see for yourself – drop by for a bite to eat, to watch some sport, to enjoy our live music or just for the craic. Sláinte!
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Called in on a Tuesday lunchtime and had the place to ourselves. Great service and freshly cooked great food. Actually tasted like propper cooked pub food rather than mass produced microwave food that many other similarly priced establishments/chains have moved on to. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have eaten here many times when visiting family in Chelts. We always call in midday when its fairly quiet, and mostly midweek. I normally have sausage with colcannon and Onion gravy, and its always served hot and very tasty. My wife tends to order a burger or a roll with salad, and she has always found the food satisfactory. The guiness is alays spot on but we do find the drinks on the pricey side. Normally we dont have to wait more than fifteen mins for our food, but as I said earlier, its never very busy when we visit. To sum up, iwould recomend this pub, at least during the day, cant speak for the evening food or service.

2  Thank JMatthewsWales
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stopped into O'Neils for a drink and then decided to have some lunch. I had the Shropshire Chicken and my wife had the Caesar Salad. My food was tasty but my wife complained hers was dry and not much dressing. The bottle of mayo brought was almost empty. It's impossible for me to give this place a bad review as the setting is perfect in Montpellier area of town and it's a good pub. The food however is always just about good enough and the staff don't really push themselves on customer service. That said i'll be back but I wouldn't dine here for a special celebration.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Very dissapointing items were all either over cooked or undercooked. We sent it back but have to say was no better the second time so we left.

1  Thank Joan S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Busy, noisy and full of drunks and that was only at 21.00! Overpriced aswell. Not at all impressed with bar staff as thought they were quite rude and served friends! Decent location though, very central