“Amazing Sunday roast”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was always wary of a pub roast as invariably, they contain flabby meat and sigh veg but the Brown Jug's roast chicken was DELICIOUS! The meat was juicy and tender, the mixed vegetables flavored beautifully and the Yorkshire pudding and gravy as good as any I have made at home. Would highly recommend this friendly pub and I'm so pleased it has revived my love of pub Sunday roasts.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Went to the Brown jug one Friday lunch time. We received a warm welcome from the girl behind the bar,also the person we believe to be the landlord. We had a main course and a pudding,both were served with a smile ,beautifully presented and tasted delicious. When paying the bill ,the landlord was keen to ensure we had enjoyed our visit.
It's well worth visiting this pub for its friendly ,warm, old fashioned atmosphere where people speak to you and care.
Thank you to all at the Brown Jug. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had a Wedding reception at this place. The manager was rude to the bride & spoke to her disgustly. You could not even fit 50 people down there & know about 100 which is what he stated. We had loads of drunk customers coming down even know they were nothing to do with the Wedding party, one man even hit on my 13 years old niece. They should have stopped serving him!! The women's toilets did not lock & were dirty. Find a place that is more up class, one word DIVE......

1  Thank Tina O
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was our second visit for sunday lunch. It was excellent again. Choice of 3 meats. My wife had lamb, I had beef. Both great quality as was the veg - a good mix and plenty of it. Staff and locals all very pleasant. We will become regulars on a sunday.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A nice pub with a solid feel of tradition rather than plastic and a community atmosphere. It competes well in an area quite rich with pubs and is now under new management. Rod, we wish you all the best for a prosperous future.