“Has gone downhill”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Used to be a regular before I moved. I came back for a few days to see how they got on since they went under new management thinking it would be better, how wrong I was. Not sure how well staffed the kitchen is because the quality of the food is below par. Most of the food was charred, portions of meat are not what you'd expect for your money. Wouldn't surprise me if that explains the low amount of people there. Only 2 other couples there. I'd be surprised if this management is still in charge by the end of the year.

2  Thank Jonathan C

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Seven of us went this Sunday for lunch. The food was unbelievably horrid. The Yorkshire pudding where burnt and charred. The roast potatoes were also burnt. Three of us had roast lamb which had a strong cajun flavour which tasted awful with mint source. The potions of meet were miniscule.
The place was empty. I wonder why????

3  Thank BARRY28544
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I only booked a meal at this pub because of tastecard. When we turned up, it looked quite run down and I was worried about the quality. However, when we went in, I was pleasantly surprised. The pub felt very comfortable and very welcoming. Food was great, apart from they ran out of puddings!

2  Thank colette o
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Went on Mothers Day for a meal. Mistake! Rock hard potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. Burned crumble. Service was terrible, waitress was nice but it was her first day and no one helping her apart from VERy rude other staff. Luckily it was cheap.

1  Thank Sallyjaq
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Fish soup was great. Husband's meal of pork belly was disappointing, soggy cracklings and veg swimming in butter. My fish in beer batter was lovely

Overall too pricey though