“Avoid this place part 2!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
cheltenham
“Avoid this place part 2!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

My review on Hotel on the Park/The Hotel/Parkers restaurant.I made a mistake on my last review and I wish to correct one detail. The previous chef I mentioned should have read Simon Hulstone and not Simon Hopkinson. My review that this establishment is a rip off from start to finish for hotel guests and diners still stands. I would advise anybody considering staying here or eating here to avoid like the plague! Just read all the terrible and very poor reviews and you will get a very fair and balanced idea of what this place is all about...... ripping customers off as soon as you walk through the door. As I previously stated £39 per head for food is a very poor joke. You can have a cheaper meal at Le Champignon Sauvage in Cheltenham for less and that is a top ten restaurant in the UK (and he doesn't charge supplements either)

In conclusion avoid this place, there are far better places to eat and stay in Cheltenham. I am just trying to help TA travellers enjoy there stay in Cheltenham and not leave with some real and costly regrets.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank valhalla13

Swindon, UK
“Very Enjoyable Lunch,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I am very confused over the negative reviews about this restaurant.
My wife and I had a Travelzoo voucher and after the reviews were a little nervous of our visit.
It turned out our fears were groundless, we dinned in a beautifully designed room, the food was excellent and the staff were friendly and attentive.
Yes we had a voucher which gave us basically two meals for the price of one, but for a special occasion I would certainly return and happily pay the full price.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“What a great lunch! Totally exceeded our expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

Myself and wife visited Parkersburg for lunch on Sunday 11 June and had a great meal and pleasant afternoon!
We are both really confused about all the negative reviews this place is receiving-
We pre booked a table and had a 3 course travelzoo voucher that was a gift.
Upon entering, the hotel offers a contemporary clean feel, the restaurant is trendy with smart pink ( but modern) not granny pink! Chairs & fresh grey and black decor- a really comfortable nice place to be! People who have said this dining room is dated blatantly have no taste! ( I deal with interiors for a living and this place is stylish!)
The service and food were faultless from start to finish, my wife had salmon, perfectly cooked, I had the sea bass which was the best I've ever tasted.
We both had lemon gratin for desert as recommended by our friendly attentive waiter which was delicious.
Our wine glasses were always topped up dicreetly, yes the house wine is expensive but that is the only negative we can say!
We recently visited brasserie blanc and the food that we had at parkers yesterday was as good as that.
It really annoys us when places get unfounded bad press, our experience was perfect, we enjoy good food and surroundings and this it what we recieved here,
Ignore the bad reviews of the people who think they are qualified restaurant critics and give parkers a go!

1 Thank boardiesandbikinis
Worcestershire
“Not the best and a little pretentious”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

A great shame this has great potential but is let down by below average food which is on the expensive side.
The restaurant is a little pretentious not helped by the head waiter. The other staff however were excellent.
Fortunately we had a half priced voucher which brought the £39.95 for 3 courses down to an acceptable level for the standard of food. At full price it does not represent good value for money.
Two dishes were however not available from the menu.
The mushroom risotto was certainly acceptable, the sweetcorn fritters were however a little disappointing.
For the main course we both had slow cooked lamb which was pleasant but would have been better described as Lancashire Hotpot.
Unfortunately the Creme Brulee was off so our second choice came but it was still frozen in the middle.
There are better restaurants in Cheltenham!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank oldandnackered
cheltenham
“Avoid this place!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I know this hotel very well, inside and out. Be warned, from the moment you walk in those doors, you are going to be ripped off and fleeced for every penny you have. The restaurant used to be very good and in it's hey day had a Michelin star when Simon Hopkinson worked there. Photographs on the web site are misleading and show food prepared by previous chefs (who could cook). Supplements on the menu are fanciful, £9 for cheese and £12 for steak on a £39 per head three course menu!!!? Be very aware upon arrival,as you are ushered into the bar area, drinks come at an enormous price. Mr Bowen likes you to have drink and add it to your bill at the end of the meal. He fails to mention that he also sticks 10% on top of your bar tab!!! I can't comment on the rooms as I have never stayed here. I feel sorry for any punters that do. £19 for breakfast is a joke. (1 sausage,2 rashers of bacon, half a tomato, mushrooms and an egg). Believe me, if you order anything extra.........YOU WILL BE CHARGED!!!!! From start to finish this place is a complete rip off. The staff are nice but staff retention is a problem as they have to deal with Bowen on a daily basis and that my friends would test the patience of a Saint. AVOID AVOID AVOID.....

• Visited June 2011