“Afternoon tea not what is advertised”
Review of Parkers Restaurant

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea not what is advertised”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I booked and attended an afternoon tea on the 30th December, with my girlfriend (it was a surprise for her birthday) and whilst the atmosphere and mood was lovely, having it by the fire was an excellent touch and very intimate, I felt that the whole selection didn't live up to what is shown on the website in terms of the cake selection. To be honest the ginger cake felt like it was cut from a Tate and lyle shop bought loaf, and the same with the swiss roll. The photos shown online have selections of delicate light looking delicacies which it didn't live up to. It was one of the reasons I chose to book at the Hotel on the Park rather than one of the slightly cheaper other hotels offering afternoon tea in Cheltenham. Sent a complaint to the hotel and haven't heard anything back, shows how good customer service is. This place is falsely advertised!!

Cheltenham
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have to admit when reading the other reviews I was somewhat apprehensive, however, I was pleasantly surprised. My friend and I went with a voucher and we were made to feel welcome. Three courses for £39.95 option had plenty of choice and was cooked beautifully. The very small and I mean small downside was that there were no biscuits to go with our cheese, instead we were provided with home made walnut bread (lovely). Setting wise, the restaurant is warm and welcoming, the entrance is grand and the toilets are toilets are immaculately clean.

I would definitely go back

• Visited January 2013
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“Totally Average”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I agree with other comments made. In December, together with a friend, we visited this Restaurant for Afternoon Tea. It was a Travelzoo deal for afternoon tea and champagne. We arrived and were shown to a table. No-one took our coats. We were given a glass of champagne at the same time as the afternoon tea arrived and then didn't see anyone at all, not even when we left! The tea itself was average, nothing special at all. I certainly wouldn't have been happy if we'd have paid the full cost.

Glos UK
“A Disappointment the 2nd time around!”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

In october my husband and I went to Parkers for afternoon tea with champagne, and it was so nice. As it was a birthday treat I took a photo, which came in useful for my next visit!!!
We had the most enjoyable afternoon with panna cotta and many sweet delights, sandwiches were not the best but the cakes etc compensated!
What a difference on my next visit! I took my friend ( and paid the same price) as a treat for xmas. My mouth fell open when they put the plate down on the table, as no panna cotta or choc desserts, just sandwiches (same as before and not the best!) 2 tiny scones and a few plain cakes on the top plate.
When I questioned the difference I was told the chef does different things, which I fully understand but I did expect them to be of similar standard. I have written to the manager for an explanation and to date (2 wks later) have received no reply!
I think this place looks good, but is not consistent, and staff are very unprofessional! You will be lucky to get what you hope for!! Afternnon tea advertised on travelzoo at £80 on hotel website £10!!! Make up your own mind???

cheltenham
“It's position on TA says it all really.”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

A complete rip off from start to finish. Don't waste your money on pretentious rubbish. This is the last place to eat at in Cheltenham.....and only then if it was for free.

1 Thank valhalla13