“AWFULL!!!”
Review of Chapel Spa

Chapel Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From the moment you step through the doors of Chapel Spa you'll know you've arrived at a unique and special destination. Set in the peaceful and picturesque surroundings of a 19th century chapel the Mediterranean-Style décor and eclectic interior exudes a luxurious ambience. As you walk through the candlelit lounge with it's stunning gallery and arched chapel windows you'll feel instantly relaxed and ready to let your worries drift away. Re-energise, relax, indulge and pamper!
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AWFULL!!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Absolutely terrible experience. would not waste your money, my parter had 2 treatments which came to £70 he then went on to use the spa facilities to be told he was not aloud unless he paid a supplement fee on top of the spa treatments! I rang the spa to complain about this service, they said many spa's have this policy in place, iv been to a few spa's and this has never been the case! who visits a spa and not used the steam and sauna after? i asked for a refund but was instead offered a voucher for use of the spa...outrageous as he was not aloud to use the spa in the beginning. rest assured i will not be returning to chapel spa, i advise anybody not to make the same mistakes we did.

3 Thank nataliefleur2014
ChapelSpa C, Manager at Chapel Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Chapel Spa does not advertise that spa use is included when you have booked treatments here with us, these are separate bookings unless you choose to book one of our set day spa packages. This is all very clear within our brochure and website.

Due to the size of our spa facilities we have a maximum capacity of spa guests able to use these at one time. Therefore for this reason we have to ensure that a separate booking is blocked out for those that wish to use the spa facilities. Upon time of booking it was not mentioned that your partner wanted to use the spa facilities otherwise you would have been informed that it was an additional cost and advised of the best spa package for you.

We are a stand alone day spa and not part of a hotel where quite often spa facilities are included within your room rate. Treatments are always an additional extra in this case.

As your partner received the service that you paid for unfortunately we were not able to offer you a refund for something that you did not book or receive. As a gesture of good will were happy to offer you a spa pass to return for your disappointment that you thought that the spa was included within the price paid not due to receiving a bad service from us.

In response to your question ' who visits a spa and not used the steam and sauna after?' - We have many clients that come to us for treatments only and do not wish to use our spa facilities which is why we offer them as separate bookings.

Please be sure to always ask upon time of booking exactly what is included within the price paid to avoid any disappointment.

We are sorry to hear that you will not return to Chapel Spa.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Avoid like the plague!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What was supposed to be a relaxing end to a lovely weekend has now turned sour and has left me feeling short changed and dirty. I had the indian head massage and a 30 minute back massage which cost £70.00 as a fathers day present. After receiving these treatments (very lacklustre effort massages may i add) i asked where the showers were, to which i got told that i was not allowed to enter the showers or steam room etc as it was not in the price paid! they wanted an additional £18.50 for use of the showers! i refused to pay this and had to leave the spa covered in oils. Disgusting treatment in my eyes and the worst spa I've visited!

4 Thank Craig3004
ChapelSpa C, Manager at Chapel Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at Chapel Spa. I believe there may have been some confusion as to what was included within the price that was paid.

Your partner booked you in for treatments only which does not include use of our spa facilities. We do not advertise that spa use is included when having booked treatments unless you have chosen one of our set spa packages.

If it was simply a shower you would have wanted to rinse off the oils your therapist would have happily shown you to the shower area. As you specifically asked for spa use the information of an additional cost was the correct information given to you.

I'm disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your treatments with us, and also surprised as the therapist you had is one of our most requested massage therapists.

I am also surprised by these comments as this was not the impression you gave on departure or when asked by your therapist, nor did your partner mention your disappointment of the treatments themselves when phoning to query the spa use.

Feedback is important to us to ensure that our standards remain high, it is a shame that you have chosen to write a review rather than speak to us direct regarding your disappointment with the treatment itself as we would have been able to discuss this further with you.

As spa pass was offered to you partner as a gesture of goodwill for your disappointment of thinking that the spa facilities were included, which was declined.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times,

The Chapel Spa Manager
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent little city Spa”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Would thoroughly recommend this lovely little city spa, it is in a beautiful old chapel a couple of minutes’ walk from the heart of Cheltenham, we booked ourselves in for a few hours access to the spa with afternoon to follow for my friends hen weekend, it isn’t a massive spa which you wouldn’t expect from city spa anyway but it was perfect, there were only a few small groups in so it was over crowded, the spa pool was lovely as was the steam room, it wasn’t brightly lit so was very relaxing to the point where we had a small snooze at one point.

All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming, few of the girls had the Ease Neck, Back and Shoulder massage which they said was nice and relaxing, the rest of us had face masque’s which were great too.

All in all it was great spa morning and excellent value for money, great for girly relaxing.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very poor organisation/customer services”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Having booked a special Mother's Day treat for myself and my mother, 2 months in advance I was initially told that I could have the treatments I wanted, and to ring and pay for them. When I rang in I was told they couldn't accommodate the full booking, but would do a shortened version. However, a couple of days before the appointment I had an e-mail reminder stating that I was having a different treatment to what I had booked. By then it was too late to find another spa to go to on a busy Mother's Day, so I very reluctantly agreed to go. When we arrived I was told that I couldn't have the treatment at all, they had staff off sick and couldn't cover it. I was really upset and asked for a refund, which they agreed to, but the girl on reception didn't know how to work the till and stated that she wasn't trained to do this. I asked if I could have a refund over the phone as I lived 30 miles away, but she said no, I'd have to come back. The duty manager wasn't available to speak to and I was given a time to return, which also clashed with a family lunch we had organised. I did get an e-mail from the Spa to say sorry and that they agreed with my complaints, they also said that they had spoken to staff about the way they handle bookings/customer service. However, this didn't help us and the whole experience was terrible.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank 231Cat123
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Visited with a friend for our belated xmas pressie, spa area was fantastic with lovely comfy loungers for reading or sleeping! The upstairs relax area was very calming and lunch here i would definatley recommend. Had a massage and facial which was brilliant but avoid the manicure- very costly not alot for ur money and very poor nail varnish, sat and waited for nearly 1 hour after and it smudged on way home and chipped today!! All in all a lovely pamper day and looking foward to going again