“Mint Sauce...Oh yeah!!”

Ranked #75 of 481 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run Indian restaurant, established many years ago. Come say hello!
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Visited this restaurant with the old ball and chain on a weekend away. I would first like to say that I am a professional food critique and have a well respected blog in a national paper. I've visited many top quality Indian restaurants in my time and this is well up there with the best. The mint sauce and the lime pickle was divine. Every course bettered it's predecessor and if I had just one critique it would probably be the decor, which was not bad but I feel with a bit of a makeover would put this place in a league of its own. I will certainly be mentioning you in my next blog. Congratulations!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you like hot vindaloo dishes or mild curry this is a perfect place to enjoy the real taste of indian cuisine.
The enviroment is very clean and relaxing.
The service is polite and professional.

Prices are reasonable, and if you stay at Holiday Inn Express you can get a desirable 15% discount

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant on on a Saturday evening with a friend. We arrived early and we were the only people there. The service was very good and the food was tasty and good value. With a popadom, curry, rice and drink each, and paratha bread to share, the bill came to £30. I thought was quite reasonable.

Unfortunately, 8 hours later at about 2:30am I felt stomach pains and chills, and was sick several times. My friend was fine, although he had a slightly different dish. I had washed my hands several times that day including before eating, and my family were all perfectly fine (who ate the same food as me the previous couple of days). My food poisoning can only be because of eating at Spice Exchange. I realise I must have been very unlucky, but still, this is unacceptable for a restaurant like this. I now am afraid to return, which is such a shame because every other aspect was great.

2  Thank oliver4105
760Management2014, Owner at Spice Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

I'm Altaf, the owner. I'm very sorry you've had some sickness, and I hope you're feeling a lot better now. We've been here for over 10 years, we run a family business, and we've never had any reports of food poisoning before. We take food hygiene very seriously, and we're popular every week especially during race week and other festivals.

You're more than welcome to have a look around our kitchen, bring your friend and inspect for yourself. You yourself have said we provided good service, good tasty food and value for money and we'd like you to return. Please do get in touch directly.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My partner and I have visited Spice Exchange on two occasions and ordered take away once.

During both visits we were very pleased with the food and the service. The staff are very friendly and patient. They made us feel very welcome and offered advice with the menu.

The menu is typical of an authentic indian restaurant and includes all the favourites. Spice exchange offers good value for money whether you eat in or order a take away.

We will be back. Try Spice Exchange if you're looking for a good quality indian take away.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Service and delivery was efficient and very helpful. The food was good value and tasty. The colour of the food was very bright and I wonder if its packed of colourings as it didn't taste authentic and seemed more commercial taste, I would however order again !