“Excellent Food”

The Suffolk Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Suffolk Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 449 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very nice menu and the food was very good. I felt the service was not quite up to the standard of the food, as a couple of things were not served without a prompt from us and I felt that the service was a bit rushed, this was probably due to a couple of larger parties coming in after we were seated. However we would recommend this place to others and will be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mark S

oxon
“Lovely birthday treat”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Ate here with friends when having a birthday weekend in Cheltenham. Both the food and the service were excellent. Some of us had the set menu which is served up until 6.45. My daughter had calves liver which she said was very good. I had belly pork which is a favourite of mine and it didn't disappoint. Well cooked and well presented. The lamb shank and the ham hock also went down well. My courgette fritter starter was different - but light and tasty. Excellent service, very good wine and reasonably priced. We would certainly return.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank kat89
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant! Will be back!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We came here on Valentines day where they had a set menu which was brilliant value. £29 for three courses, a glass of Prosecco each and a little box of chocolates to take away at the end.
The set menu wasn't advertised on their websites so was a nice surprise when we got there.
I believe they do these menus for any kind of occasion such as mothers day etc...

We will definitely be returning to sample your normal everyday menu as since everything is so reasonably priced and locally sourced! I found there to be a good selection of meat choices and each course was very tasty.

The evening we went to, the dishes were served very quickly (almost too quickly!) but the service was very polite and friendly. I think the speed may have been just because it was Valentines day.

I have to apologise as well to the restaurant as we forgot to bring cash with us and your card machine didn't have the option to leave a tip! We will be coming back again soon so will leave you a decent tip then as it was a brilliant evening!

Overall, its a great value restaurant and I think it could soon be my favourite in Cheltenham.

• Visited February 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Another Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

It is difficult in Cheltenham to find decent restaurants that are open for Sunday Lunch.
This however, is another one although maybe not quite in the same class as Monty's Brasserie, the food was very good and the service was exceptional. I am disabled and they rearranged our seating so that I did not have to go up the 2 steps to the major part of the restaurant - this was very much appreciated, and really shows off the service that they provide their customers. The food, although not exquisite was very good and the whole was exceptional value for money.

• Visited March 2014
“Can't cook a steak!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Went with two friends 12 March 2014. All ordered steaks. Two were OK, one was very poor. A medium rare sirloin steak was served medium well at best. Felt like chewing on Axminster carpet. It was sent back. The second attempt arrived rare and so was also sent back. In between we had the odd experience of being asked to describe how it was to be cooked. It seemed the customary use of rare, medium rare etcetera was not adequate! Chef was declared as stating the first attempt was medium rare. We were left dumbfounded. I left hungry. A bag a crisps and dry roasted peanuts was far more enjoyable than the lame attempt to cook a medium rare steak.

3 Thank SJCG