“Delicious food, staff could cheer up though!”

The Suffolk Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Suffolk Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 484 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We really enjoyed the meal it was very fresh and tasty, I love eating locally sourced, in season food and everything was very nicely cooked. The staff however were just not that friendly, they weren't rude they could just do with smiling a bit more and being more friendly

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This Super little Restaurant is very close to The Retreat ! Excellent Manager (he really looks after you well). We usually have The Pinot Noir Red (South African I think ?) it's Superb. For 'Picking On' ~ Trainee Chefs at the local College get first hand experience & they Bake different Herb type Breads, that come with Salt Flaked butter. The Soups are really unusual, we tried Lemon Grass Chowder. I like the Small Menu because its all Fresh & Local Varied ingredients. You always get a Good Veggie Option. Well cooked Fresh Fish. Last time I had Calves Liver on a delicious mash. Hubby had Duck with Passionfruit ! & Crispy orangey turnip (I think?). I don't usually get to a Pudding, but the portions are just enough that you savour the taste & want just a little bit more !! The Intense Fruit packed Sorbets are unbelievable. Ummm Better Book A Table well in Advance (That bits difficult) ~ Superb ~

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Lovely food that is locally sourced. A firm favourite that never fails to disappoint, and well priced. Passionate service by the owner, and quite possibly the best roast belly pork in town!!!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very nice menu and the food was very good. I felt the service was not quite up to the standard of the food, as a couple of things were not served without a prompt from us and I felt that the service was a bit rushed, this was probably due to a couple of larger parties coming in after we were seated. However we would recommend this place to others and will be back.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Ate here with friends when having a birthday weekend in Cheltenham. Both the food and the service were excellent. Some of us had the set menu which is served up until 6.45. My daughter had calves liver which she said was very good. I had belly pork which is a favourite of mine and it didn't disappoint. Well cooked and well presented. The lamb shank and the ham hock also went down well. My courgette fritter starter was different - but light and tasty. Excellent service, very good wine and reasonably priced. We would certainly return.

2  Thank kat89