“Going from strength to strength”

The Suffolk Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Suffolk Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 441 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Going from strength to strength”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

A friend, knowing it was my Birthday offered to take me out for dinner and to choose a restaurant. Saturday nights in Cheltenham are very busy so I asked at the Suffolk Kitchen and they could only fit us in at 6.30pm, a bit earlier than I wanted but I knew there wasn't much choice as this was only last Thursday

I've been here before and I've written a review about it before, but that was some time ago and I wondered if it was still as good as I remembered.

I need not have worried. It wasn't, it was better! From excellent service to a wide choice of dishes and a good reasonably priced wine list, ordering was easy and, even on a Saturday they offer a fixed price selection for around 14.50 for 2 courses.

As they had my all time favourite liver on for a main, the choice was easy. And what was served? Excellent. My friend was delighted as was I.

Good atmosphere in there too, yes it was full and that probably says it all

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ac4941

Sussex, England
“Delicious food, staff could cheer up though!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We really enjoyed the meal it was very fresh and tasty, I love eating locally sourced, in season food and everything was very nicely cooked. The staff however were just not that friendly, they weren't rude they could just do with smiling a bit more and being more friendly

Visited March 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“~ Thank You for The Daily Breads ~”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This Super little Restaurant is very close to The Retreat ! Excellent Manager (he really looks after you well). We usually have The Pinot Noir Red (South African I think ?) it's Superb. For 'Picking On' ~ Trainee Chefs at the local College get first hand experience & they Bake different Herb type Breads, that come with Salt Flaked butter. The Soups are really unusual, we tried Lemon Grass Chowder. I like the Small Menu because its all Fresh & Local Varied ingredients. You always get a Good Veggie Option. Well cooked Fresh Fish. Last time I had Calves Liver on a delicious mash. Hubby had Duck with Passionfruit ! & Crispy orangey turnip (I think?). I don't usually get to a Pudding, but the portions are just enough that you savour the taste & want just a little bit more !! The Intense Fruit packed Sorbets are unbelievable. Ummm Better Book A Table well in Advance (That bits difficult) ~ Superb ~

Gloucestershire
“Dish Lish!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Lovely food that is locally sourced. A firm favourite that never fails to disappoint, and well priced. Passionate service by the owner, and quite possibly the best roast belly pork in town!!!

“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very nice menu and the food was very good. I felt the service was not quite up to the standard of the food, as a couple of things were not served without a prompt from us and I felt that the service was a bit rushed, this was probably due to a couple of larger parties coming in after we were seated. However we would recommend this place to others and will be back.

1 Thank Mark S