“Poor Customer Service”
Review of Proud Lion

Proud Lion
Ranked #5 of 14 Shopping in Cheltenham
More attraction details
Owner description: Proud Lion, opened in 2008, is Cheltenham's premier comic shop, owned and run by Ben Fardon. Ben has been a comic collector since he was young and has now been working in comic book retail for over a decade. Proud Lion stocks comics, graphic novels, games, collectables, and merchandise. Proud Lion Outlet stocks reduced items previously on sale in store.
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The customer service of the owner Ben is less then poor,

Proud lion is closed on every other Monday of the month apart from the first. I forgot this fact and attended the shop. Ben was sat in the store with the lights on, so as I believe anyone would entered the store without a second fort.

once in the store ben let myself and my friend know the store was closed. I apologized and started to leave the store appon leaving Ben stated that we should have known that it was closed as there was 2 signs which we never looked at as we walked in, to this I replied nothing.

looking on Facebook later that day I had been insulted by the owner, so my friend cancelled his subscription and let the owner know of our concerns.

His reply was that we was rude, outrages and entered the shop as though we had entitlement (Come on its a shop is it not?) following this up by stating that myself and my friend are banned for life from his comic shop.

Well way to go that's great customer service.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank chunky8719

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“A brilliant independent comic, graphic novel and gaming shop”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Two floors of comic goodness await you at this great independent shop - if you can resist the American sweets and snacks on the way in!

Stocks Magic: The Gathering cards, graphic novels, figurines and collectables, and of course, two floors of comics :D

Visited April 2012