“Proud Lion should be proud!”
Review of Proud Lion

Proud Lion
Ranked #6 of 15 Shopping in Cheltenham
More attraction details
Owner description: Proud Lion, opened in 2008, is Cheltenham's premier comic shop, owned and run by Ben Fardon. Ben has been a comic collector since he was young and has now been working in comic book retail for over a decade. Proud Lion stocks comics, graphic novels, games, collectables, and merchandise. Proud Lion Outlet stocks reduced items previously on sale in store.
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Proud Lion is a fantastic little independent comic book/gaming shop with some excellent treasures hidden away for you to find!

I always find Ben to be a helpful, happy person who is brilliant at helping me pick out various items when I ask for help - for example, I mentioned my boyfriend likes Deadpool, so I wanted to get him something to do with that for Christmas, and Ben immediately managed to suggest a series of graphic novels (describing them to me with all the passion and enthusiasm a comic book lover should do!).

What's even better is that he will always remember what you like - the second anything Firefly/Serenity related is set for release he'll always mention it to me and I will usually put them on order! I'm more than happy to support this local store and often find myself sending other people Ben's way when they come in asking if we sell certain graphic novels or board games (I work in HMV and people will frequently come in to us looking for the comics/graphic novels and other merchandise that sits alongside series such as Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones)

Keep up the great work dude, you bring comic book joy to so many people!

2  Thank Mousy203

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Am rather baffled by the malicious, spiteful and illiterate so-called "review" that's been posted on here by someone with an obvious chip on their shoulder. I've been a customer at Proud Lion for years and have never had a problem whatsoever. I've always had great, friendly, knowledgeable service and will continue to use the shop for all my comic book needs. Keep up the good work!

3  Thank DJ_Dust
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The customer service of the owner Ben is less then poor,

Proud lion is closed on every other Monday of the month apart from the first. I forgot this fact and attended the shop. Ben was sat in the store with the lights on, so as I believe anyone would entered the store without a second fort.

once in the store ben let myself and my friend know the store was closed. I apologized and started to leave the store appon leaving Ben stated that we should have known that it was closed as there was 2 signs which we never looked at as we walked in, to this I replied nothing.

looking on Facebook later that day I had been insulted by the owner, so my friend cancelled his subscription and let the owner know of our concerns.

His reply was that we was rude, outrages and entered the shop as though we had entitlement (Come on its a shop is it not?) following this up by stating that myself and my friend are banned for life from his comic shop.

Well way to go that's great customer service.

3  Thank chunky8719
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Two floors of comic goodness await you at this great independent shop - if you can resist the American sweets and snacks on the way in!

Stocks Magic: The Gathering cards, graphic novels, figurines and collectables, and of course, two floors of comics :D

3  Thank clockworkcat