The Montpellier Chapter Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cheltenham
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
No 131(Cheltenham)
  • Breakfast included
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages

Great bathroom.
Good technology.
Good welcome.

The Bad.

Most of the room 'technology' was explained to us when we were shown the room. 'Most' however meant we were not told where anything was, or that the Ipod Touch provided all the answers. We were told about the lighting and the aircon only. Grr..

I had to phone (guessing that 0 would get me somewhere) to get to room service where I was told the menu was on the Ipod. Nice touch.. What about those you failed to tell and those who can't work one ? Come on guys get down to the printers. :) I lifted, opened and eventually found sockets, cables etc, I even managed to get some music out of the Ipod and suss out the sound source would be the telly (no explanation...).

That night for the first time in many hotel stays we opted for breakfast delivered to the room. Now we both know that Sunday morning brekkie can be an issue even in he best of hotels (both have previous 5* experience) but hell in for a penny. We opted for the Full English, ticked tomatoes and Mushrooms and chose the latest time possible 10-30am as we were out for dinner and a few drinks.

Knock on the door. I was a bit puzzled. Did't have my watch on, felt terrible. Ahh room service with breakfast. it was left and we looked at each other. It was 8am. ********ds ! I lifted a lid to see a Sausage and a poached egg. Another with a rasher of bacon and a poached egg. I found my watch, saw the time and did some breathing exercises. I phoned to inform we had someone else's breakfast. I didn't get the begging, grovelling apology I would have liked. Infact I got very little in the way of an apology.

Back to bed..not much sleep due to the stress of being awoken 2.5 hours early. A knock... Breakfst again.. this time at 10am. Ho hum.. I lift the lid and I have a tomato and a poached egg and a mushroom and a poached egg. Ouch. Phone.

This time apologies and I am told breakfast will be comped ! Not sure how that worked as it was a B&B rate but will follow up with my partner. Tray outside again, back to bed.

Phone rings. This time time a semi telling off from the Room Service lady. :O Feels like this all could be our fault. We not only ticked Full Breakfast on the woefully inadequate brekkie form but chose tomato and mushroom too ! Good heavens. It confused them. No apology.

I told them tray was outside again, I was reminded that the brown toast and apple juice was as we had ordered. We then took bets on whether they would just bring two Full English breakfasts and leave the cold toast and tea. :) I'm not a betting man usually but naturally I was right. By this time I was just fed up, feeling awful, barely bothered with breakfast.

I liked the technology, the informality of the staff (intially..) but they need to tweaks things and if they do they will have a fantastic offer. Aircon was a bit noisy, noise from rooms above and adjacent was very poor. Room service was utterly rubbish. Cocktails the night before and service in the conservatory area of the bar was simply not good enough. Twice our table had to approach the bar to get service (each time a 15 minute wait). A cocktail was returned as it had been mixed woefully. It was only one member of staff but his attitude was poor. The rooms could do with greater scope for brighter lighting.

I'd go back but I would skip room service, sit near the bar and hope that they pay attention to the comments on here as several appear to have raised similar issues.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here over the last bank holiday as we were looking for a luxury hotel within a few hours of London. We booked direct through the hotel on their Leisure Break offer (free breakfast and £40 towards dinner) and chose a Superior Room. Before arriving I emailed asking if the room had a bath. I was advised that all Superior Rooms have baths which was perfect. On arrival there were a few people milling around as there was some internet issue but check in was quick. We were advised that we had been upgraded and the girl took us to our room. On arrival it looked smaller than I thought and it didn't have a bath. I spoke to housekeeping and within about 20 minutes they moved us to another room. 010- now this was an upgrade! Ground floor room, bath in the bedroom, massive tub and just spectacular. I'm still not sure what we were upgraded to initially but found the second room much more agreeable. Breakfast was lovely (second morning I was charged £3 supplement for eggs benedict even though it was cheaper than the english breakfast we had as part of the deal) and dinner was amazing. Portions were just right, staff were attentive but not in your face and everyone seemed to be having a good time.
The location is perfect for the hotel. Would suggest Iphone in room had better quality maps as not much use with driving locations when you are already checked in! Also rang room service twice and no reply- having to go through reception isn't the best way i think.
Highly recommended but save up for a better room!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

3) EXCELLENT service
4) Nice touches; free mini-bar, ipod touch, free WiFi
5) Great spa downstairs and pool nearby
6) Great communal spaces- good reception and library to relax in
7) very child-friendly with cot for free in the room, highchairs and good attitude to having babies in the restaurant.
8) champagne on arrival. Pretty much always works for me.

Cons-
1) Breakfast was slightly disappointing (small portions)

Room Tip: Used Mr and Mrs Smith 3nights for 2 deal
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We stayed here just for one night and cannot praise it enough. The staff were of a standard rarely experienced. The food was beautiful and the service was wonderful. The room was immaculate. We were told we had been given an up-grade on arrival. Everyone we spoke to was passionate and enthusiastic about their work. Nothing was to much trouble and we were made to feel very welcome from the moment we walked through the door. We will definitely be going back as soon as possible

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Fantastic hotel. Stayed a few times before the refurb, it was great then and it's great now.

• Stayed: May 2011