The Montpellier Chapter Hotel
US$270
MGallery
  • Restaurant
US$173
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$109
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$161
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$179
US$170
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$105
US$94
Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$82
Priceline
  • Pool
Ellenborough Park(Cheltenham)
US$867
US$803
Priceline
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$142
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our weekend was a treat away from child duty, designed to relax and recuperate, and it did just that. The hotel itself has been refurbished beautifully - very simple, modern and Scandinavian in style - and the room was spotlessly clean and gorgeously luxurious from the large bath to the super-comfortable bed. The staff were very attentive, breakfasts delicious, and afternoon tea absolutely not-to-be-missed. There was no DVD player for watching films but this is a minor quibble and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. In-fact, I'm already wondering how I can find an excuse to go back.

2  Thank bushbaby2012
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Just spent the most wonderful weekend at the Montpellier Chapter.

Reception staff most hopeful, the room was fantastic, we booked a feature room and were wowed with the size and facilities. The bed was the most comfortable , free mini bar , bed linen soft and fresh, fantastic toiletries and also a docking station for your i phone or ipod.
The bar had every drink you could ask for with friendly staff, restaurant varied menu for everyone with amazing food and fantastic service.nothing was to much trouble.
Breakfast was to die for - Freshly cooked quality ingredients and a great choice.

We hadn't pre booked treatment in the spa and although they were busy they went out of thier way to fit us in - well worth a visit, make a appointment so you don't miss out.

It's not often you come away from a place thinking "that was worth every penny " but it was and we can't wait to return,

PS - Free car parking too !!!

Room Tip: Book a feature room and don't miss out on the spa
3  Thank Ian L
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I was really impressed with this hotel, until I tried to sleep.

So 1st the good bits...
It looks great, i love a hotel with a modern look and lots of quirky design features and this hotel has this in bucketloads. There are lots of rooms off the reception area where you can have a drink, snack, read a book etc. including a cute conservatory. Free papers (The Times) can be picked up in the reception area.

The room I had (about £130 via work, so not sure if this was a special deal) was pretty large with twin beds, two large windows, big TV, armchair and side table. Wifi is free and works well. Room stylish, mostly grey with a lime green bench at the end of the bed.
Minibar is free - includes lager, soft drinks and a bar of dairy milk (really nice touch which costs the hotel next to nothing, and as I was staying by myself I didn't have to argue over this with anyone).
Bathroom quite small but looks good and really lovely Ren bath products (attached to the wall, so you cant take them home!)

What put me off....
When I checked in I asked if there was any availability for treatments at the in-house spa - I was told I would need to go to the spa and ask them myself as they couldn't tell me at the reception.
Overnight the air conditioning was noisy, and there was poor sound-proofing meaning I could hear people in rooms above and to the side of my room. This meant i had a really bad night's sleep.

So, if you are a very deep sleeper, then book this hotel.

Last thing, the reception staff wear converse pumps - this looks kind of quirky and cute on the younger staff, but on the old serious looking chap who checked me out this morning, it just made him look uncomfortable.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank EL4444
Reviewed 2 July 2012

A very modern slick hotel with some wonderful members of staff!

The building itself is gorgeous!!

Excellent location, close to everything, excellent fitness facilities available nearby too!

The staff were lovely & very accommodating & friendly!

The only thing that I would say needed a little improvement was breakfast times: I don't think things ran as smoothly as they should have.

Apart from that I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ParadiseSeeker80
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We chose the Montpellier Chapter as the hotel for our wedding in July last year, we had 12 rooms booked in total. As part of this we received free upgrades for a number of the rooms, so I was in one that can only be described as cavernous! We loved the great little details: free mini-bar, complimentary newspapers, iPod/iPhone plug-ins, speakers in the bathroom etc. All our guests were exceptionally happy with the hotel and service.
The only complaint we had with several of rooms (including ours) is that there was a problem with the air conditioning. And whilst the windows in the room did open partially, it didn’t help relieve the slightly stifling temperature in the room - and it was only about 21 degrees outside, so not THAT hot.
However the hotel couldn’t have been more gracious when we complained, with my husband and I and my in-laws receiving a free nights’ stay to compensate.
We took our stay this weekend, and it was just lovely. We got a free upgrade to a Superior room and the room couldn’t have been nicer: floor to ceiling windows overlooking the courtyard, a separate ‘study’ area and a huge bathroom with bath and shower room. I absolutely adored the toiletries provided and was able to purchase these at the spa which was great.
Our only quibble would be that they really don’t seem to have resolved the temperature issues. Despite having the air con on as low as it would go (which is only down to 19 degrees), it was still rather hot, not helped by the enormous duvet provided. We solved this by taking the duvet out of the cover and sleeping under that instead, which was fine. But if I could make one recommendation it would be that, short of solving the air conditioner issues, the hotel provides some sheets in the meantime!
Having said that, it really is a special hotel, with a very funky, laid-back vibe. We immensely enjoyed our stay and (free) breakfast, so we will most definitely be back.

1  Thank SophDub