The Montpellier Chapter Hotel
US$193
US$145
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
US$133
US$120
US$118
US$114
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
US$96
Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$73
  • Pool
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$98
Ellenborough Park(Cheltenham)
US$180
US$145
US$138
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hotel is in the centre of Cheltenham in the Montpellier District, which has some very unique upmarket shops and bars, just round the corner from the hotel. Easy walking distance to the main shopping area also. Hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly and the Deluxe room was clean and well appointed, although not over generous on space, especially in the bathroom. I found the I-pod a nice feature in the room, with all the hotel information on it, plus all the additional information one would expect to find in the usual desk top manual. It was just odd that there was no mirror at the desk/dressing table, which meant that hair and makeup had to be managed by the badly lit mirror by the door, standing up! Restaurant meal on the whole was excellent, although the salad nicoise accompanying the Hake which I had chosen was rather tired. I liked the I Pad given for the wine menu. Plenty of interesting places to sit in the bar/library area and a nice conservatory, although in February it was rather cold and draughty. Breakfast was excellent with a good variety of choices. Again, excellent service. Recommended hotel for an upmarket weekend break, though car parking rather limited!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here to meet my girlfriend it was an hours drive for both of us. Beautiful looking white building very strange reception desk just a round wood sculpture in the middle of the floor, not the greatest idea. Staff all wore shirts trousers and trainers another strange thing. Our rooms where very nice but quite open plan with a bath in the room, there was a curtain to pull across if you needed to, glad we didn't share a room due to this, there was a shower as well but all quite open.

It was a lovely stroll in to the town with nice bars restaurants close by, lots of good shopping as well. We went back to the hotel had a drink in the bar. We got ready to go out to dinner went to a nice restaurant a short walk away. Came back to the hotel for a drink before bed sat in the bar/lounge no one else was in there, apart from 4 staff, my friend said shell I go and get us a drink I said no lets see how long it takes to get served, 20 minuets we sat there, they had a party of 100 people in the bar earlier so they where tidying up after that, Totally for getting we where sitting there, we where not impressed. One of the bar staff walked passed I said is it possible to get a drink it was only 10pm, he said only if you are staying in the hotel, I said yes we are he said what would you like in a cant be bothered attitude, I said 2 glasses of wine and think we should have them complementary for keeping us waiting so long, he said I can not do that, I said for get the drink, at this time feeling very cross, we were paying £180.00 each for the night not cheap, and the staff did not notice 2 ladies sitting in the bar for over 20 minuets. I did ask if there was a manager we could speak to but they had all gone home.

We carried on chatting to each other with no drink, then he came back to say sorry would we like a drink on the house so we said yes a glass of wine each. The problem was sorted. And the same guy saw us at breakfast and asked if there was any thing he could do for us. Would we stay again probably not.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in February. We really enjoyed the location and services of this hotel. Food was plentiful and of good quality and service was attentive and efficient.
But unfortunately both our breakfasts on both days were ruined by a chef singing and whistling constantly through our 45 minutes breakfast. Michael buble he definitely wasn't.
I found this to be very annoying and completely lowers the standard of the establishment.
I asked a waitress if she would ask the offending chef to stop but apparently he always does it and he doesn't listen to anyone!
Really ruined an excellent stay for us

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel with a group of good friends for a private Christmas function. The food and service were very good and enjoyed by all until we got the bill....... The drinks bill was well in excess of £400 for 12 people the majority of whom had a modest amount to drink before and during the meal. The wine was not left on the table at any point which seemed a little strange. When challenged and without to much resistance £120 was immediately removed from the bill. The next day we discovered another £50 of extras that had apparently also found their way onto our bill. The manager promised to call back to resolve this issue, needless to say we are still waiting.…...Very poor indeed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank robolt
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had a back, neck and shoulder massage at the Spa. I was very impressed with the spa itself - clean and peaceful with friendly staff who never made me feel rushed.
My therapist was lovely and did a fantastic massage. I get quite a lot of tension in my shoulders so I need a firm massage, but I don't like it too firm so she adjusted the pressure in just the right places and my back felt loads better for days afterwards.
I am a massage therapist myself and have been to many spas before, as well as working in a few, and I was very impressed with the spa here in terms of appearance, service, and treatments available.
I will certainly be back for more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo