The Montpellier Chapter Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cheltenham
See available hotels
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our booking was made well in advance due to it being a very special occasion, our wedding.
Sadly the staff seemed completely unaware that it was to be my wedding day (this had ben mentioned when booking) and no assistance or well wishes were offered during our 2 nite stay.

We spent a large amount of money on our stay and feel let down by the hotel's customer service. Simple basic pleasantries were forgotten and our needs as customers were not anticipated, met or exceeded at any point.

Unfortunately on my arrival I had to correct the reservation's mistake with the single room booking made for my bridesmaid. She was also expected to leave her card details, even though we had already advised reservations when booking that her room was going to be paid for by my husband and I.

After sorting this issue out I was then not provided with basic information about the hotel's services e.g. breakfast times, newspapers or wake up calls, which I would expect as standard for any hotel. In addition, I was not offered any assistance with my luggage, which again had been requested during booking with reservations. This resulted in my sister and I having to make multiple trips to the basement car park struggling with my wedding dress and bags.

Also after our stay whilst on our honeymoon, we were charged an additional £50 without any explanation provided.

And the icing on the cake was the General manager's response was:
Your feedback is particularly important to me and I would like to apologise most sincerely that we failed in meeting your expectation.
I have passed your comments to the Departmental Managers concerned in order that they can be and addressed.

Not surprisingly we have heard nothing from the departmental managers, and will be contacted them independently...which means wasting more of our time.

Room Tip: The Penthouse is an expensive treat...make sure you get instructions to help operate the lights and heating as it is far from logical.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CheltenhamTopTripper
Reviewed 9 March 2014

From the second we set foot into the hotel lobby, we loved the place. The decor is quite modern with a boutique-esque twist. Lots of room and space.
The bar area is great, dining room chic. The hotel is spotless, very clean, with friendly staff, and impeccable service.
If I was to make one slightly negative comment, our standard room had only one bed-side table.

We highly recommend the Chapter to anyone wishing to stay in Cheltenham.

Rating
Value for money 9
Parking 6

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 9 March 2014

A busty weekend for the hotel with the race weekend impending. Yet well staffed and staff who just Had attitude to serve, and delight. The fit out is great, food was prompt even on this busy weekend and worthy of a micheline note I think.
Bedrooms well furnished, though a little warm.
Excellent

Room Tip: Not the third floor, guess will always be a little warm
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Recently my wife and I during some hectic work on our house needed a one night break to escape from it all .The Montpellier Chapter was the perfect answer . An informal boutique hotel that worked very well despite a seemingly very laid back style , very comfortable room and bed.
Nice relaxed ambience throughout the hotel yet staff were always attentive and pleasant.
Excellent restaurant and all at a very reasonable price . Only negative was that the bar area was a bit chaotic .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel and it looked lovely pulling up to the building.
My partner and I decided to have a weekend away with our baby.
On arrival we has to use the side entrance to wheel the pram in and this we had to find for ourselves, the door was locked and nobody would answer the phone on the door to let us in.
We got checked in and were pointed in the direction of our room, we were not shown to our room and not offered any help with our luggage considering we had 2 cases, a pram and baby bags.

The room was a feature room and when we booked the room it was advertised with a free mini bar stocked daily and treats.
2 biscuits and a can of coke is what it should have said.
The room was clean, the toilet room was too small, the shower door made a horrible noise so couldn't use it first thing as I would have woken my partner and baby.

There was no menu for room service, we had to go and get one from the restaurant, food ordered was average but overpriced.

There was no information about the hotel in the room so were left pretty clueless as to meal times, contacting reception etc.

The breakfast in bed option was good but there was no pen provided to fill the form out and we only had the form for one of the two nights.

All the staff were in converse daps and I guess that relaxed dress sense was a running theme with their attitudes too.

If you want a clean room and half tidy food I would suggest a premier inn at half the price and better service.

Won't stay there again unless they bring the price in line with what it's worth

• Stayed: February 2014