“Lovely meal”

The Exmouth Arms
Ranked #112 of 477 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lunch at the Exmouth Arms. Delicious King Prawns in garlic butter with crusty bread and butter with a shared portion of chips - delicious for a quick and tasy lunchtime snack. A crisp glass of white wine served at just the right temperature. Excellent. A good pub with food which has a large garden which we were unable to use as we are in the middle of the wettest drought ever. Interestingly this pub shows films every couple of weeks or so. Entry is £1 which incluldes your popcorn. The next film to show is the Woman with the dragon tattoo and after that Wuthering Heights so a complete eclectic choice.
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We went to the Exmouth last night which was a Tuesday. We both had ribeye steak, we planned to have rump but they had just sold the last one, the barman was friendly and the meal was perfectly cooked, we chose one medium rare and one medium well and both were done as we chose. I went here and to the Royal in Charlton Kings for group Xmas meals in December, both had the same menu. The Royal served their vegetables in bowls rather on the plates which I preferred, our meal at the Exmouth was upstairs in a private room, the one at the Royal was in the restaurant.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I often eat here, the food is consistently good, as is the sister pub, the Strand in town. In a lovely area in the Bath Road near the shops, so perfect. Also has a big garden at the side so nice in the summer to.

2  Thank lizp577
Reviewed 22 October 2013

A lovely local place to visit. Good food and beer etc. Friendly bar staff. Garden is nice too. They have live music sometimes as well

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Called in for an early brunch. Really nice atmosphere and comfy chairs. Hot drinks 2 for 1 pre 12. I had cappuccino and wife had hot chocolate. Ordered nachos and chicken satay dips. Both superb. Particularly love the home made nachos, the best I've had. Favourite place in town at the moment.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Visited for a work lunch. We enjoyed some lovely food (burgers are brilliant) and despite the number of other eaters the service was very prompt. They have a fairly large garden which is perfect to enjoy a pint and meal in the sun. One dissapointment was the barman who felt the need to give me a lecture on how a rare burger will kill me, I only asked for it not to be charcoal and, whilst I understand the risks of pink burgers, I haven't died from eating one yet.