“Great hosts”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
London, United Kingdom
“Great hosts”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed a few nights in a one bedroom flat, which was a last minute booking. They were just so genuinely welcoming and warm. Smooth check-in and assistance with my bag, very forth-coming with help and the flat itself was large, warm, with alot of Cheltenham charm as well as perfect location, on a quiet street but a 1 minute walk to the shops. If I'm back in the area, this will undoubtedly be my first choice in accommodation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We booked a room for one night,had the only one left. Knew it was a small room when we booked and it was. Nice friendly staff, good location and parking was a bonus. had breakfast, nice room, nice staff - once again and the breakfast was freshly cooked and lovley

Room Tip: boiok early and get bigger room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend 01/11/13 to 03/11/13 in a superior room. Our room was very nice and very CLEAN. The beds were really comfortable and the room spacious. We booked a table in the restaurant and had what I can only describe as the best meal we have had in a long time. The staff were very pleasant and most helpful, also the price of the meal didn't break the bank. The breakfast has to be the best anywhere; so much choice and the quality is simply superb. Many thanks to all staff for a really lovely time in a really lovely hotel, we highly recommend this hotel, if in Cheltenham again we will definitely re visit this particular hotel!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Took a 1 night break to visit Cheltenham Town Hall to see Alan Davies, wished I'd stayed longer, staff are wonderful, host welcoming. The location is 5-10 min walk into all the major shopping areas. We ate at the hotel due to the weather, thanks for the rain else I'd missed a fabulous meal at a very competitive price to the restaurants around Cheltenham. My congratulations to the Chef the steak was to die for. A good choice for breakfast and was a lovely start to set you up for the day.
The room was more than enough for our needs, with a very comfortable bed.
Would highly recommend this hotel, which we will be going back to next year.
Oh and Alan Davies was very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Leicester UK
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I spent a week here as I was attending a course in Cheltenham. I chose the hotel based on its location and as I was staying for a week opted for a deluxe room.
The hotel is in an old listed building so they aren't allowed to make major changes to the interior. There's no lift, but Scott, the Manager, took my case up for me. My room was enormous with a king size bed and two very comfortable sofas. Everything was spotlessly clean. My only criticism was that there was no full length mirror in the room.
The hotel had a small restaurant serving mainly Italian food and there were quite a few non-residents dining when I arrived on the Saturday. The food was excellent. Always cooked to order so it could be up to 30 minutes before it was served, but there is a small cosy bar where you can have a drink while you wait.
Breakfast was excellent (included), and again cooked to order.
The staff were very welcoming and friendly - and Scott is an excellent manager/host.
I plan to stay there again when I return to Cheltenham next year.

Room Tip: It's an old building, so be prepared for creaky floors!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Fabulous reception, staff were friendly and professional. Our room was lovely, the bedding was comfortable and crisp, the room and bathroom were immaculate, nothing was too much trouble. We had a drink in the bar, which was atmospheric the breakfast was great, and would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Glad we found this place! Only had one night but would have loved to stay longer. Staff were brilliant and the room lovely with one of the most comfortable beds imaginable. Would have preferred to have another chair in the room but as we were only overnighting it was no big deal. Bathroom well fitted and toiletries excellent. Location is good and it only takes about 5 minutes to walk into the main shopping area, though watch for the street names that are different on the city map to what they actually are in some cases - bizarre! We left it a bit late to book into a centre restaurant but glad we ate in Joules restaurant downstairs because it was superb. The only thing that was a slight drawback was the steepness of the entrance stairs; my arthritic knees didn't like them but the staff would have brought my suitcase up for me if I had asked. If I go back to Cheltenham I hope they have a room available again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family