“Really isnt bad at all!”

Central Hotel Cheltenham
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here on march 28th 2014 for a night away. After reading all the dreadful reviews on here I was truthfully slightly worried about where we were staying.
Right from entering into reception to leaving the next morning, I can't fault it at all! The staff were friendly, our room was warm and cosy and the bed was incredibly comfortable! Yes its in the centre of Cheltenham so expect to hear traffic and noisy party goers on a friday night but this didnt put us off! Your in easy access of plenty of things to do or go for a meal, we really enjoyed ourselves!
Dont be put off by the horrid reviews, it is a lovely hotel with pleasant staff :-) would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank clarchar
There are newer reviews for Central Hotel Cheltenham

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Booked in to this hell hole for one night on Monday 10/3/2014 to get a good start on the tues for the Cheltenham festival. After looking at the terrible reviews of people getting scabies and other things, I cancelled the next morning only to find they had already took my full payment already out my bank account and said it was non returnable when I asked for it back.We ended up stopping at another hotel in Cheltenham called the george and montys which I can fully recommend unlike this hell hole. Avoid at all costs you have been warned

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank foxes2006
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed for 1-1/2 weeks in total at 298 Gloucester Central Studios. The rooms aren't the best but a good price. The bed sheets are old and thin and the rooms are damp smelling. The last night I stayed there I was in the front room next to the entrance and got woken up at 2-3 in the morning with a man trying to bang my door down and break in. Called the hotel number and they couldn't help so called the police who came and took the male away. I called the hotel again the next day and they said sometimes guests don't close the front door properly and people can come in off the street. I didn't want to stay for the rest of the time booked as I'm female and was there on my own. The hotel staff said over the phone they would give me my money back for the nights I wasn't going to stay. I never received the money, my fault really as didn't get this in writting and they refused when I went in to collect it a day later. I stayed for the remainder of my time at the Briarfields motel and touring park which had a manned reception, it was alot safer and nicer but the same price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank SamJGates
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were very worried after booking and then reading reviews on this site, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as we expected. There are problems around the edges, for sure, we have a fair size list of faults (broken sofa in room (but didn't expect one anyhow!), small light broken, broken toilet roll holder) and the parking is a big issue (although we got parked 3 out of 4 nights). Location is excellent and generally made a suitable, if unspectacular, base for a 4 day trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Strictly advise anyone staying for the racing when prices are inflated to stay far far away.
The 'luxury apartment' was inhabitable. On the top floor of a building that has the narrowest of stairs, and ridiculously steep. Weren't informed of this, so having to carry luggage with a bad knee at midnight after travelling was horrendous. No lights left on so we could see what was going on.
The room was freezing when we arrived, there was rubbish left on the floor, a broken window, dirty 'kitchen' (a hob inside a cupboard) and worse still the duvet was very old and the bathroom stank. We payed a high price to stay for 4 nights and we were disgusted.
As it was so late we had no choice to stay the night. I went to the reception to ask for our money back and did they deem the room to be satisfactory. They weren't in the least bit interested, and you could tell this happens to them on a regular basis.
I could go on, but there wouldn't be enough space to tell you.

Do not stay here, it is vile, awful management, and they rob you of your well earned money. False advertising too, they are not luxurious apartments!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Convenient location, comfy bed, good facilities, we found the staff friendly.

Location is a bit noisy but you'd expect that of a city centre hotel.

Parking is free but get there early and be prepared for a long detour to get to it if you pull up outside the front of the hotel. You're best to park on the main road just past chicken inn.

Overall good

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed here last night and found the hotel welcoming and modern, only grumble was as we were on the top floor the room did get very hot during the night, other than that a lovely place and great value for money and great location we will be back!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple