“Lovely apartment and location was perfect”

and 1 more site!
Central Hotel Cheltenham
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment and location was perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked a twin room at the central hotel and arrived to check in and the very friendly and helpful receptionist informed us we had been upgraded to a two bed roomed apartment not far away. I was given a map and very clear directions to the apartment and if we couldn't find it then we were to ring the hotel and somebody would come and assist us , which was very nice. Found apartment easily,once inside we found it to be fully serviced with a proper kitchen with cooker washing machine etc. the facilities were very nice . The only problem I had was there was no mats in the shower or the bath, so I had to put a towel down on the shower tray so I didn't slip. But the apartment was clean and comfortable with everything we needed. I would not hesitate in booking with the central hotel again really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
CentralHotelGroup, General Manager at Central Hotel Cheltenham, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us! It's always great to have such positive feedback! We'd like to thank you for choosing to book with us. We've taken note of the bath mats and are looking to have these implemented in the apartments which don't have these yet. If you contact us directly we can give give you a discount code for your next booking with us. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Northen England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

A party of 12 of us stayed here on 16th and 17th April for the smaller Cheltenham race meeting. Some of our party had read the reviews and were convinced that they would catch a disease if they stayed here. This was absolutely NOT the case. Some were in the hotel and some in the apartments, there were no complaints whatsoever from anyone, the apartments ( where I stayed ) were excellent, bright, modern, clean, and totally self contained. Ours even had a washing machine, but being male I had no idea how to drive it, then again it might have been a tumble dryer. The ones who stayed in the hotel were also happy with the only comment being about the heating, it seemed to be on full all of the time.
The reception staff also secured our luggage as we arrived well before check in time and did it again as we had a late departure. The location of the hotel is exactly as it sounds, central.

Room Tip: The apartments are superb.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Bideford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great night stay for three of us. Although we ended up booking for three and had to go downstairs twice as they first forgot bedding for the pull out bed and then forgot a spare towel.

It was very clean, great shower, lovely restaurant next door! The beds were also very cosy!

Right in town so we went out for a night and got home rather quick.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wooble-Spooble
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here on march 28th 2014 for a night away. After reading all the dreadful reviews on here I was truthfully slightly worried about where we were staying.
Right from entering into reception to leaving the next morning, I can't fault it at all! The staff were friendly, our room was warm and cosy and the bed was incredibly comfortable! Yes its in the centre of Cheltenham so expect to hear traffic and noisy party goers on a friday night but this didnt put us off! Your in easy access of plenty of things to do or go for a meal, we really enjoyed ourselves!
Dont be put off by the horrid reviews, it is a lovely hotel with pleasant staff :-) would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank clarchar
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Booked in to this hell hole for one night on Monday 10/3/2014 to get a good start on the tues for the Cheltenham festival. After looking at the terrible reviews of people getting scabies and other things, I cancelled the next morning only to find they had already took my full payment already out my bank account and said it was non returnable when I asked for it back.We ended up stopping at another hotel in Cheltenham called the george and montys which I can fully recommend unlike this hell hole. Avoid at all costs you have been warned

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank foxes2006

Travellers are raving about these Cheltenham hotels

London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed for 1-1/2 weeks in total at 298 Gloucester Central Studios. The rooms aren't the best but a good price. The bed sheets are old and thin and the rooms are damp smelling. The last night I stayed there I was in the front room next to the entrance and got woken up at 2-3 in the morning with a man trying to bang my door down and break in. Called the hotel number and they couldn't help so called the police who came and took the male away. I called the hotel again the next day and they said sometimes guests don't close the front door properly and people can come in off the street. I didn't want to stay for the rest of the time booked as I'm female and was there on my own. The hotel staff said over the phone they would give me my money back for the nights I wasn't going to stay. I never received the money, my fault really as didn't get this in writting and they refused when I went in to collect it a day later. I stayed for the remainder of my time at the Briarfields motel and touring park which had a manned reception, it was alot safer and nicer but the same price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank SamJGates
Newton Abbot
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were very worried after booking and then reading reviews on this site, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as we expected. There are problems around the edges, for sure, we have a fair size list of faults (broken sofa in room (but didn't expect one anyhow!), small light broken, broken toilet roll holder) and the parking is a big issue (although we got parked 3 out of 4 nights). Location is excellent and generally made a suitable, if unspectacular, base for a 4 day trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple