“Excellent!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: the cuisine is mixed, European and Aisian
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Excellent food, wine, service, staff and restaurant. The duck and creme brulee are delicious! Would definitely recommend if in Cheltenham. Shame it's tucked down one of the streets off Montpellier

2  Thank N H

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Four of us dined here on Friday evening. There was a lovely atmosphere and as expected from the reviews, it was busy.

We arrived early, and were shown straight to our table. The menu was great, so much choice. I can't recall going somewhere where I've wanted to try so many of the available dishes!

The food was all brilliant. If we find ourselves back in this part of the world we'll be back.

The only slight disappointment was the waitress started to clear the table before we'd finished eating! I think she realised as she was doing it, but didn't apologise and just carried on.

Also there's a silly rule about only taking one card payment per party of diners. If you're going in a group or with friends and want to split the bill, you're expected to pay cash or on one card! I've never seen this before. They did wave this rule for is when I asked them to as there weren't any cash machines nearby.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I visited 'Number Seven' for the first time tonight to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were welcomed by friendly, efficient staff who even asked us if we had any food allergies... We ordered from the a la carte menu but as it was a Tuesday night we could of ordered from the set menu which I thought was more than reasonable!

We both had scallops to start which were cooked to perfection! Followed by pork medallions for my husband and steak for myself, which were again cooked to perfection - the best steak I've had in memory! Both sauces were divine and the portion sizes were more than enough.... We didn't have a pud for two reasons, we were nicely full after the first two courses and we didn't want to loose the taste of our mains!!

All the above plus a couple of pimms for me and a larger or two for my husband £64. Exceptional value I would of paid double for the total package!

BTW - look after your chef and exceptional 2 female waitress's you really have a winning formula!!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We visited on a Thursday evening when a fixed menu at £19.00 for three courses or £15.00 for two was available. The selection was excellent with numerous choices, my wife's special dietary needs were no problem to the very pleasant waitress taking our order. The menu was biased towards Thai dishes and the Thai platter that I had for the main course was excellent, my wife having pork loin served with sweet and sour sauce served with chips instead of rice. All meals were good with ample portion sizes, in fact sufficient that non of us wanted a dessert, although desert selection was the disappointment of the evening being just two choices of ice cream

1  Thank robert W
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Love this place. Everything is good about it. Very friendly, attentive staff without being overbearing. A relaxed atmosphere, great wine and above all fab food. I always go with the intention of not having a steak, but I can't help myself.... it's always the steak!