“Great Sandwiches, wine and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Strand

Strand
Ranked #193 of 439 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great Sandwiches, wine and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Went on NYE at about 5pm just before gong out for the night and it ticks all the boxes.
2 bottles of vino, two great sandwiches, good background music and atmosphere.

Prices reasonable too :-)

Truro, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat good music and very lively”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

Good food at good prices , outside space too!!! Very busy lively place , can be a bit noisy due to wood floors and high ceilings and lots of people , but a great great atmosphere , very friendly and worth a visit !

• Visited August 2012
“Good Food & Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

I had avoided this place in the past (for no real reason except it looked 'too young'?!) but went here on Friday for an Xmas get together with a crowd of 15 'grumpies'. I was pleasantly surprised as the food proved to be very good, the beer likewise and the service pretty good in quite tough circumstances. I will return.

• Visited December 2012
“Gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

This place used to be amazing. Great staff, good food, reasonable prices. In the last month or so standards really seem to have dropped. Whilst the food is still good the staff seem to have changed and service levels have dropped significantly. There was a tall guy with very short dark hair wearing a shirt and trousers who looked miserable as sin - I can only assume he was the manager as he was dressed more smartly. His standoffish attitude has obviously rubbed off on his staff who all seemed more interested in chatting amongst themselves than serving anyone their food and drinks. Used to come here a lot because the atmosphere was great - there was a lovely lad on the bar who knew me and my husband by name, I think his name was Eliot. He was always warm and welcoming, haven't seem him here in a while. Shame really, he was the perfect example of the service I expect when I visit a pub like the strand. If I wanted to sit in a faceless bar where I was just another customer I'd go to Wetherspoons.

• Visited November 2012
“Amazing food, very family feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

We had a great roast which was amazing and hot!!! We all sat down to a big family roast we had booked a table, it was homemade gravy, we all had stuffed chicken which if happily pay £20 let alone 10, we were pleasantly surprised at the bill to