“Rudest waitress ever !!!!”
Review of Strand

Strand
Ranked #190 of 473 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I always swap between the swan and the strand, tonight after meeting my daughter and my mother in law, I'm left completely gobsmacked by the sour faced waitrress!!!! My seven year old son was with us, he is diabetic, his blood suger level was low so my daughter came with a pack of me Kipling lemon slices for him, we were told to put them away as they do not except any other food being eaten in there pub, she was certainly not polite, to the point I thought she must be joking, on challenging her about her attitude and the way she spoke to us, not just tonight but every time we have been in there she replied" im always nice to you I always offer you sauces with your food" well that's your job and I'd much rather see a smile for once, I can honestly say I will never return there, I would say the food is brilliant but service from her is unexceptable .

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a simple review to write, as after a number of visits to The Strand, the bar staff are always professional and friendly, the food is really good quality and fairly priced and the drinks selection is great. So many bars serve cheap wines yet still charge £5 per glass, be assured this isn't the case with this pub! If you're looking for somewhere less formal than a restaurant, that still has a very pleasant atmosphere, give The Strand a try you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We had to wait some twenty minutes for a warm salad of chicken chorizo and mozarella and a goats cheese on toast. When they arrived they were well prepared and presented but it's just as well we were not in a hurry. The place was quite full but then that's only to be expected on a Friday evening. The ambience is rather noisy anf they haven't quite decided whether they are a pub that does food as a sideline or a restaurant.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

It looked good but having decided to eat here, they decided that they would not feed me as a large party had arrived. There were plenty of spare tables too. You are warned.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I must admit I am an "occasional visitor"..... but a fan nevertheless
After walking through Cheltenham with a visitor friend we found ourselves outside here

I enjoyed lamb steaks with Bubble & squeak potato and Broccoli
Very nice for a shade over a tenner. My colleague had the nut roast. I have to admit the impression I got was "he wasn't keen, but he made no fuss"

To be fair I know the quality was good (inside sources), but was a bit sad at the "burgers and steaks" element... (I suppose they have to cater for kids as well)

The pleasure on a stinking hot day was added to by a chilled pint of Amstel Beer. A real treat