“Sunday roast”

Strand
Ranked #190 of 440 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday roast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This bar has a nice laid back atmosphere, good wine and attentive staff. Most importantly, the Sunday roast was gorgeous and very good value too. Yum! I would definitely recommend trying it out.

Ascot, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

The menu super - so many good and healthy things to choose from for both meat eaters and vegetarians. Excellent value for money and delicious. The food is far more sophisticated than the surroundings suggest. Well worth a visit!

• Visited August 2013
“Rudest waitress ever !!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I always swap between the swan and the strand, tonight after meeting my daughter and my mother in law, I'm left completely gobsmacked by the sour faced waitrress!!!! My seven year old son was with us, he is diabetic, his blood suger level was low so my daughter came with a pack of me Kipling lemon slices for him, we were told to put them away as they do not except any other food being eaten in there pub, she was certainly not polite, to the point I thought she must be joking, on challenging her about her attitude and the way she spoke to us, not just tonight but every time we have been in there she replied" im always nice to you I always offer you sauces with your food" well that's your job and I'd much rather see a smile for once, I can honestly say I will never return there, I would say the food is brilliant but service from her is unexceptable .

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Consistently good and definitely above average pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This is a simple review to write, as after a number of visits to The Strand, the bar staff are always professional and friendly, the food is really good quality and fairly priced and the drinks selection is great. So many bars serve cheap wines yet still charge £5 per glass, be assured this isn't the case with this pub! If you're looking for somewhere less formal than a restaurant, that still has a very pleasant atmosphere, give The Strand a try you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
gloucestershire
“Only just worth the wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We had to wait some twenty minutes for a warm salad of chicken chorizo and mozarella and a goats cheese on toast. When they arrived they were well prepared and presented but it's just as well we were not in a hurry. The place was quite full but then that's only to be expected on a Friday evening. The ambience is rather noisy anf they haven't quite decided whether they are a pub that does food as a sideline or a restaurant.

Visited July 2013