“And the Dalmatian went too”
Review of Strand

Strand
Ranked #182 of 460 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Joined my daughter and son-in-law, plus their Dalmatian for the Wednesday night Burger special and glad I did. My Chicken Burger, with added bacon, was excellent and complimented well by side salad, wedges and toasted roll. My wife had the beef burger, with added bacon and egg, my daughter the lamb burger and the son-in-law the chicken burger with spicy sauces. We all enjoyed every bite. The girls enjoyed their New Zealand white wine and the son-in-law his cider. My diet coke, my usual drink, was the only let down as it lacked any taste, hence the mark down.
The service was excellent and friendly, the ambiance good and we will return to try their full menus which we could of had on the night.
Oh and they are very dog friendly.

There are newer reviews for Strand

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This bar has a nice laid back atmosphere, good wine and attentive staff. Most importantly, the Sunday roast was gorgeous and very good value too. Yum! I would definitely recommend trying it out.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The menu super - so many good and healthy things to choose from for both meat eaters and vegetarians. Excellent value for money and delicious. The food is far more sophisticated than the surroundings suggest. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I always swap between the swan and the strand, tonight after meeting my daughter and my mother in law, I'm left completely gobsmacked by the sour faced waitrress!!!! My seven year old son was with us, he is diabetic, his blood suger level was low so my daughter came with a pack of me Kipling lemon slices for him, we were told to put them away as they do not except any other food being eaten in there pub, she was certainly not polite, to the point I thought she must be joking, on challenging her about her attitude and the way she spoke to us, not just tonight but every time we have been in there she replied" im always nice to you I always offer you sauces with your food" well that's your job and I'd much rather see a smile for once, I can honestly say I will never return there, I would say the food is brilliant but service from her is unexceptable .

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a simple review to write, as after a number of visits to The Strand, the bar staff are always professional and friendly, the food is really good quality and fairly priced and the drinks selection is great. So many bars serve cheap wines yet still charge £5 per glass, be assured this isn't the case with this pub! If you're looking for somewhere less formal than a restaurant, that still has a very pleasant atmosphere, give The Strand a try you won't be disappointed.