“Gormet Burger night?”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Looking for a quick and easy evening pub meal and took a punt on the Strand's "Gormet" Burger night. It flattered to deceive. The pub itself was nice and the staff friendly and polite but the meal was very ordinary and whilst it wasn't expensive, I won't be returning there any time soon to eat.

1  Thank Ned B

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Lovely free hold in the town centre, great fresh food, unusual drinks range and a lovely well maintained beer garden. Staff are lovely and are willing to go the extra distance for you. Especially the auz chick!

2  Thank reviewer127b2
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a great little spot just off the centre of town just on the edge of the hustle and bustle of the main bars and pubs.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Saturday lunchtime visit. Good balance between pub and bistro. Choice of real ales. Both I had were excellent. Chilli hot dog and sea bass with seafood risotto both good. Service friendly and prompt. Was quite busy with diners in garden on a sunny day. Highly recommend

1  Thank Amberleybeerfan
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went there for lunch with my friends as we was ordering there was group of over 10 people comming in ( looked as preordered booking) server behind the bar not even bothered to mention there might be wait for food. After 40 mins waiting for food we had to go and ask how long it will be for ours meals. Server said chef is only making finishing touches and meals will be out with 2mins it took over 10mins since food arrived. Flat bread pizza was so overcooked that u could not even cut it, halumi salad looked like small 1 beside my friend order the large 1 and my lasagne was size of child meal served with garlic bread which has not tasted of garlic at all.we had mentioned server we re not happy with meals and she said she will get manager to look at the bill. When we ask for a bill full prices was on and what is more my meal was even more than it says on menu. I mentioned server we have been waiting for meals 50mins and I don't think we should be charged full prices. In the end she took my friend pizza off the bill and charged only small salad to my friend. Manager not even bothered to deal with us. Well disappointed with our visit there as it was only 3 tables there and manager didn'tcame to see as at all!!!

5  Thank Floffyna