“Just a lovely grown-up place”
Review of John Gordons

John Gordons
Ranked #80 of 460 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I visit John Gordon's every time we visit Cheltenham.
We normally opt for coffee and a quick nip to get us going but on this occasion we stayed for lunch.
We chose 2 pies - a fish and a chicken and both were delicious.
I love the almost gentleman's club atmosphere about this shop/cafe as it is totally unique.
Walls lined with Whiskies, Brandies and Rum.
Great coffee and cool, adult atmosphere A1.

There are newer reviews for John Gordons

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have been here many times and the place is always welcoming. It has a lot of Charecter and is brilliant when they have live acts in the back alley / courtyard. the house whit Le Lesc is brilliant wine at a brilliant price.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Been there many a time over the last couple of years, either for food, buy some fantastic rare whisky, have a coffee whilst walking the dogs. In the current sea of plastic concepts this a truly independent beauty. A plus: the owners and staff a real people.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My friend and I alighted upon this little bar whilst visiting the literature festival. We sat in the alleyway and were recommended a lovely wine to go with our meal. As luck would have it a jazz band struck up, and the place was soon bursting at the seams. Excellent afternoon with lovely staff, great food and a fantastic atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I love John Gordon's. It is a wine bar fr serious wine and whisky buffs staffed by people who know their stuff.

Not cheap but very reasonable as everything you drink you can buy and take home,

Try some thing different or try some of the great English gins , it is a real treat.

Downstairs is a little more quiet and a good place to have some nice grazing boards.