“Relaxing day with the experts”

Ian Coley Shooting School
Ranked #2 of 18 Fun & Games in Cheltenham
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Sheffield
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Relaxing day with the experts”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Enjoyed my day here, friendly knowledgeable staff,
let them know if you want a friendly or serious competition, they can accommodate either.
Flexible, enjoyable day out,
lots of kit for sale on site in their store.

Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited Ian Coley as a group of 22 friends. We had a great time. The instructors were fun whilst doing their best to help us hit some targets. Very professional set up and also great fun.
One point, one my friends did get a horrendous bruise from the kick back of the rifle, make use of the shoulder protectors they have.

Visited June 2014
Crawley, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 317 helpful votes
“will be back”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were staying locally for the weekend and thought it would be nice to try a different shooting school whilst away...

Found the ground in the middle of no where, the access road from main road was lovely compared to most grounds....

Registration was simple and we were quickly on our way round...

There are so many stands that very soon my 100 cartridges had run out and we were only about a quarter of the way round...
After a coffee and the purchase of more cartridge we were soon out again.. The ground has a mix of targets from simple to very hard.. My only sadness was there was no skeet layout but I guess you cannot have everything..
The small canteen seemed to be busy and prices were good, the shop was extensive with lots of guns available to borrow/buy and a good selection of cartridges were available, it was nice to see White Gold even if they were expensive compared to other places...
After 3 hours and 250 shots I needed to go even though I had probably only got 1/2 to 2/3rds of the way round...I loved my day out and plan to go back in the next few months..

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Les666
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic! Highly recommend!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Ian Coley as a hen party of 15 on Saturday 29th march 2014.
We were greeted immediately, there was no hanging around, the organisation was spot on.
Our 3 teams of 5 all had the loveliest, most friendly shooting instructors.
We did 3 different types of shooting which made it varied and a lot of fun!
We have all come away from our visit desperately wanting to do clay pigeon shooting again. Fab morning!!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Excellent Shooting Facility”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have reviewed Coley's once before but this was for their excellent on site café. This time as a fully fledged shooter I can now review the shootings grounds from personnel experience. It all started with a 'have a go' session bought for me by my stepson James as a birthday present, this led onto a lesson with Shawn Porter one of their very experienced instructors and this in turn led me to applying for my shotgun certificate after a short break in serious shooting of somewhere in the region of some 30 odd years. Some weeks ago I returned the compliment to James and included son Harry for them both to partake in a 'have a go' session on a Saturday morning whilst myself and the missus had breakfast in the café. All in all this cost me £2,600 for the morning, cheap when you consider I came away with a stunning Beretta Silver Pigeon Classic that I had been drooling over in the shop before breakfast. I had casually asked Matt Panter who runs the shop if he would match the price of the gun with that of another gun shop in Witney who had a very similar weapon, both had stunning Turkish walnut stocks which are a feature of this particular Beretta. Ten minutes later Matt had caved in to my well aimed haggling and the deal was done. I have shot a few hundred cartridges now onsite using the Claymate system which can be simply operated when you are on your own by its delay system which suits me very well as I can pop in on my way home from work and blast off fifty solo. The stands and clay layouts are extremely good and very well presented. Its a totally professional setup and well worth a visit.

Visited February 2014