“Family meal”
Review of Ristorante Pirandello - CLOSED

Ristorante Pirandello
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Nestled in the heart of Cheltenham's fashionable Promenade, Ristorante Pirandello is one of Cheltenham's best-kept secrets. The friendly and welcoming staff ensure that the Pirandello provides a vibrant and relaxed atmosphere, filled with music and conversation. Traditional chic and modern elements fuse together seamlessly resulting in a vibrant and contemporary dining experience.The food is uniquely creative, reasonably priced and some of the best you'll find in Cheltenham! Using the freshest, quality ingredients (many locally sourced) ensures that every dish is turned out perfectly. To start, why not treat yourself to fresh oysters, served over ice with lemon, shallot salsa and hot pepper sauce followed with medallions of free range pork fillet, topped with slow roasted vegetables, fresh basil, baked goats cheese & sage oil. For those of you seeking a challenge, why not tackle our signature 28-day aged 24oz locally sourced Ribeye steak with hand cut chips, slow roast tomatoes, baked mushroom and leaf salad...To finish, select from our tantalizing range of freshly made desserts.
“Family meal”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

It's been quite a while since my first visit to Pirandello, and I've been a few times since then. I was extremely impressed on my first visit but when I heard that the chef had changed I was a little concerned as one of the big plusses for me was the authentic Italian cuisine. Needless worry as it turned out. Although the menu appeared a little smaller there was still plenty to tempt my taste buds. I started with a plate of cold meats ( my usual starter there). Was there any difference? It tasted just as good, but the addition of freshly baked bread together with a choice of olive oils to dip it in made as much of a difference as the extremely well presented dish (I had previously been happy with a plate with some meat dumped on it - still tasty but....). For a change I had the 8oz Ribeye (rare) with chunky chips, a nice mixed salad, all topped off with a little pot of garlic butter. Stunning. Steak exactly as I had ordered. I cheekily had a dip of my wife's blue cheese and pancetta sauce (mmmmmmm!) and followed that up with a couple of dips into my Father-in-Law's Madeira and mushroom sauce (delicious if a little rich for my palate). Finished off with a tasty and freshly made lime & ginger cheesecake.
Differences between my last visits and my latest.... The service was superb, very attentive and personable (the restaurant wasn't too busy but I had the impression from the few other diners that this was the norm). Price wasn't the cheapest but by no means expensive (value for money - definitely, especially as Father-in-Law paid (thank you very much)). All in all, they've managed to up their already impressive game. I would recommend this to anyone who likes authentic Italian food, good service, in a clean and well-presented venue. One of Cheltenham's best kept secrets.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lightening47

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Cheltenham's best”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We received a warm welcome on arrival. The waiter who attended to us was the perfect host, impeccable manners, attending to us with a smile. Our drinks were brought with good timing. The starters were absolutely delicious, fresh and tasty. Ive never had such wonderfully prepared prawns and scallops. The main course equally, and of course the desserts were out of this world and freshly made, light and not hidden by the excessive sugar some restaurants tend to put in their desserts. The chef came out and explained the dishes. We felt honoured to meet him and to have his attention. He does cook with passion and turns out the most beautiful dishes. Lovely salads and plenty of beautifully cooked veges as accompaniments to the main dish.
We have always avoided Italian restaurants, because of the Pizza and pasta overload, not doing carbs myself. Even our experiences in Italy have been frustrating and disappointing after so much pasta thrown at one. However at Ristorante Pirandello this was food we absolutely loved. It was a wonderful introduction into Italian food and would highly recommend the Pirandello to all our friends.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank adoretourism
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“What a Find - in Cheltenham”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have just had a wonderful meal at PIRANDELLO on the Promenade in Cheltenham.
This was FRESH Italian food at its best. Scallops, prawns, locally raised pork and beef. Cooked with passion. Staff were informative of providence and ingredients. A delightful experience which we will be repeating in the future. Thank you.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank ShellMcG2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, tasty, fresh, well cooked food”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

In town for the festival and being turned away from Prezzo as we didn't have a booking we were delighted to find this place. A definite step up from the standard chain-restaurant fare, the service was impeccable. The menu offered some slightly adventurous combinations which may or may not prove popular but the quality of the food, in terms of both the freshness and the cooking, was excellent.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank NanaMary00
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Limited menu and food not great”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Visited this restaurant as we wanted Italian food. No pasta at all on the list so ordered a steak. No atmosphere at all in the restaurant and no one came back to us to see if we wanted another drink. No breads, table water or anything offered whilst waiting for main course. The food came out my steak which was £19 was tough and burnt.

Very disappointed.