“Worth the drive out of Cheltenham, fantastic food.”
Review of The Kilkeney Inn

The Kilkeney Inn
Ranked #76 of 448 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Beautiful Gloucestershire Country Pub with dining, with seating available in a lower dining area (suitable for wheel-chair users) or a conservatory restaurant. We also have a cosy Bar area and a rear patio, there are tables located at the front of the building which have spectacular views of open countryside. There is plenty of parking to the side of the building, we are located in a very central area for visiting The Cotswolds being only 4 miles from Cheltenham, 8 from Bourton-On-The-Water. We have one king sized accommodation room, with side annexe room with beautiful views and en-suite shower room. We welcome walking parties and specialise in bespoke dining events, please get in touch if there is anything further that you wish to know, a warm welcome awaits. Kev & Jules
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the drive out of Cheltenham, fantastic food.”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I have a young baby and found they have very good facilities and I was also able to bring in my pram. Very relaxed place to have lunch. Would recommend the fish finger sandwich the name does not do it justice as it is fresh fish amazing will be back and have recommended it to my foodie friends.

• Visited December 2013

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Lunch with friends”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stopped by on Saturday 9th Nov for lunch with our friends and our 1 year olds and we met with a warm welcome. Although it was very quiet with only a few diners, the décor and general cosy atmosphere made us instantly like it here. We grabbed a lovely table right by the window and asked for 2 highchairs which were bought over to us straight away by the friendly and smiling guy behind the bar.

Upon looking at the Specials board, we all opted to have the steak sandwich as we could only stop for a very quick lunch on our way to Burford as our friends had never visited the area and wanted to explore as much as possible.

They arrived rather promptly and were absolutely delicious! Would definitely order those again if they were on offer!

It was such a pleasant experience that we have decided that we'll return either for a longer lunch or perhaps dinner as we're confident we will have another pleasant experience.

• Visited November 2013
UK
“Lovely friendly place for lunch”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I enjoyed the most amazing fish finger sandwich here at lunchtime this week. I popped in with friends and the staff were most helpful and friendly, very efficient at taking our order and bringing drinks etc. The fish finger sandwich was made with fresh fish goujons and it came in a fresh roll with a generous portion of chunky chips. The meal was lovely. I did think it was a little bit expensive at £8.50 but it was worth every penny!

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not for children or those with food allergies!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We are just back from a poor experience at this pub where we went for a family Sunday lunch. It turned out not to be very child friendly. There is no children's menu - just small portions of the main menu which is fine with older children who probably eat roast dinners but not so good for toddlers. It did have ham, egg and chips though so we asked for a small portion of ham, scrambled eggs and bread instead of a fried egg and chips as our little one won't eat a fried egg and doesn't like chips. We were told it wasn't possible to have scrambled egg and would have to wait if we wanted any bread. All seems a bit strange for food that is supposed to be cooked and prepared freshly. As a result he hardly ate anything. The roast dinners all came with red wine jus as gravy but unfortunately I have a red wine allergy, therefore I asked not to have the red wine jus and asked for an alternative gravy. I was told there would be no way the chef would consider doing any other gravy irrespective of my allergy to red wine so I had to have the roast dry. I had to order extra apple sauce to try to add a bit of moisture to the food. Finally the pork arrived and the juices were running with blood still so as it was pork I was unable to eat any of the meat on my roast. (I know some people do now eat pork this way but if I had been warned I wouldn't have ordered it). When the dishes were collected it wasn't even noted that the meat had not been touched. On a more positive note the vegetables were all cooked well and the portions were a good size! Shame they couldn't be more accommodating of children and food allergies. We won't be eating there again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank BBM_9
Accrington, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty tea”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Warm welcome, great food well cooked and presented, and they even provided some dog biscuits with a bowl of water for our two mutts.

• Visited September 2013