“Happy morning with Hawks”
Review of Walks With Hawks

Walks With Hawks
Ranked #2 of 67 things to do in Cheltenham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a range of packages giving you a rare opportunity to handle and fly a variety of Birds Of Prey. Groups are intentionally kept small, this ensures everyone will get plenty of hands on time with the birds (Max 4 participants, although larger groups catered for on request). Therefore our experiences should not be compared to those found on the discount sites, where groups tend to be very large. Our sessions are designed to give you a more personal experience whether you choose our Hawk Walk, Owl encounter or one of our other packages our aim is to give you some very special memories to cherish.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a great morning walking with Clare and her hawks. Flew her beautiful Harris Hawk called Sid and the lovely little kestrel and we were able to handle the gorgeous hybrid Eagle. Clare is so knowledgeable about her birds and treats them with the love and respect they deserve. We had such an informative, friendly and enjoyable experience. Thank you Clare.

1  Thank Ocho_Pinos

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Bought for me as a present for my 70th birthday,having had a falconry experience at Centre Parks,Longleat with Claire and her wonderful birds.Walked with a small group in the beautiful countryside near Cheltenham and we all had lots of hands on flying time with a beautiful Harris Hawk called Sid and a little kestrel.Claire is so knowledgeable about all the birds and their habits and we had delicious hot chocolate before we saw the magnificent cross bred Golden eagle / Steppe eagle which we all held with extra large gloves due to his huge talons.A very special experience looking into his eyes as he looked round the countryside.The birds are beautifully kept and hugely loved by Claire and her family.A truly wonderful privilege to come so close to nature.Thanks Claire.

5  Thank wendy n
Reviewed 25 March 2013

What an excellent birthday present and something I will never forget. On a very cold morning I was introduced to five very friendly new friends and for two hours beautiful Owls flew and landed on my wrist. Clare was full of information on her 'family' and I could not believe how little I knew about these beautiful creatures. It was great to see these wonderful birds out in the open and see each one had their own personality. Would recommend the Owl Experience to anyone whatever their age.

4  Thank Cheltonian-65
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Took the wife here as an anniversary treat. Brilliant and informative, had a great time with Clare and the birds. We spent time flying a Harris Hawk and Kestrel, but really enjoyed handling the Eagle. Really recommend this for a fun afternoon out.

4  Thank Kev G
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I bought an experience morning taking a number of owls out for flying with my partner. I was pleased to see how well-cared for the birds were, and how they were fully free to naturally behave. The handlers were very informative, and my partner and I got to hold and fly a number of different birds, not just one or two. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

4  Thank clockworkcat