“Excellent Atmosphere”

The Hewlett
Ranked #92 of 443 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A hidden gem on Harp Hill, The Hewlett is a great modern local pub serving cooked to order food and the best of local beers. Husband and wife Paul and Emma Gibbon welcome you with a cosy and relaxed atmosphere coupled with friendly service. We hope you will love the pub like we do and that our passion shines through.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

My family and I dropped in on the off chance recently for a meal, and although obviously busy we were made to feel very welcome. The bar staff were very helpful and found us a table quickly. I'm a real ale drinker and was pleasantly surprised by the beers on offer, along with the usual wines, spirits, ciders and lagers. My children were well catered for and the menu selection was excellent.
My partner had a delicious Lamb casserole and I had the best fish I have had in a restaurant in years.
Perhaps the best thing I can say about The Hewlett is the atmosphere. It was friendly and relaxed yet lively enough for two teenagers not to feel out of place...a rare thing indeed and very refreshing.
I can definitely say we will be going back.

• Visited February 2013

Gloucestershire
“Great little pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

A nice pub with a good selection of local ales, friendly welcoming staff. The food was really nice and and the barman said the menu changes weekly with new specials etc, we enjoyed our meals I had the herb crusted pork and my wife the Aubergine gratin both really good and well priced, Plus the homemade baked cheesecake was to die for. There is a lovely beer garden however it was abit cold but we will be back to sample more another day 5 star friendly pub.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A little gem of a Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

We ate at the Hewlett for the first time a few weeks ago. It has a great atmosphere and is well fitted out. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. But the main positive was the food which was first rate and very good value for money. I would only normally give a pub with this quality food a 4 star very good rating but felt that it deserved a 5 star excellent due to the very reasonable prices. If you are after a pub meal in a warm friendly atmosphere that doesn't cost a packet then this is the place.

• Visited January 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Ab - fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Really good homemade pub grub in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this place to people and I can see myself and my partner strolling over here again in future.