Review of The Hewlett

Ranked #90 of 480 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A hidden gem on Harp Hill, The Hewlett is a great modern local pub serving cooked to order food and the best of local beers. Husband and wife Paul and Emma Gibbon welcome you with a cosy and relaxed atmosphere coupled with friendly service. We hope you will love the pub like we do and that our passion shines through.
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I have just moved into the area and a work colleague recommended that my husband and I try the hewlett-we weren't disappointed!
We initially went in for a drink but decided to have a meal as the menu looked so good. We both really enjoyed our meals, very tasty and not too expensive. The staff were really nice and polite and there is a really nice atmosphere in the pub.
I'm so glad that I have found this little gem and its almost on my door step, I will certainly be back again soon to sample the rest of the menu!!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Passing through cheltenham on business I stayed at a local B&B, and was recommended to eat at the Hewlett I had the salt and pepper prawns starter, and a Sirloin steak cooked medium rare with garlic mushrooms just how I liked it nice food and choice of beers, Ideal little stop off for the traveller will call again when in the area.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We visited this pub after reading trip advisor reviews. Very disappointed as food was bland & very over priced! I had a pasta dish that was certainly not as described on the menu & for £ 13.50, I would have at least expected it to taste of something! It was greasy & tasteless & had it cost £ 8 or £ 9, I would have been happy to " get what I had paid for". To add insult to injury, when the plates were collected & I informed the member of staff of my displeasure at the quality of my food ( I had eaten only a small amount as it really was not good); although she removed the cost of my dish off the bill. she still felt the need to tell me that "no one normally complaints about their pasta"!! Not good customer service. Certainly will not be returning or recommending The Hewlett to friends!

quality of my food; although she removed the cost off our bill( I hadn't eaten hardly any of it

Reviewed 19 February 2013

My family and I dropped in on the off chance recently for a meal, and although obviously busy we were made to feel very welcome. The bar staff were very helpful and found us a table quickly. I'm a real ale drinker and was pleasantly surprised by the beers on offer, along with the usual wines, spirits, ciders and lagers. My children were well catered for and the menu selection was excellent.
My partner had a delicious Lamb casserole and I had the best fish I have had in a restaurant in years.
Perhaps the best thing I can say about The Hewlett is the atmosphere. It was friendly and relaxed yet lively enough for two teenagers not to feel out of place...a rare thing indeed and very refreshing.
I can definitely say we will be going back.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

A nice pub with a good selection of local ales, friendly welcoming staff. The food was really nice and and the barman said the menu changes weekly with new specials etc, we enjoyed our meals I had the herb crusted pork and my wife the Aubergine gratin both really good and well priced, Plus the homemade baked cheesecake was to die for. There is a lovely beer garden however it was abit cold but we will be back to sample more another day 5 star friendly pub.