“restrained excellence”
Review of one4b&b

one4b&b
Ranked #21 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed overnight recently, enroute to Plymouth. Its difficult to add anything further to the very positive recent reports. The owner is a retired architect, and one with considerable flair which is exhibited in both the reception rooms and the bedrooms. Every detail has obviously been given considerable thought. The fact that the breakfast room doubles as an art gallery with mainly modern paintings is a bonus. Breakfast was excellent in every detail, including home baked bread. I rang my wife twice - which gave her a shock. First to say I had arrived and secondly to tell her that we need to visit Cheltenham and stay at this perfect bed and breakfast. Centrally placed for a whole host of local restaurants and facilities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank highfield20

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed just one night with Nick at his gorgeous B&B in Cheltenham - the night of our daughter's Leavers Ball at CLC. The rooms were lovely - very well appointed and well thought out in terms of amenities - breakfast was superb and well needed after a long night, and Nick himself was a charming host - I could not fault our stay. The property is very conveniently located for College and I would most heartily recommend Nick's property to other CLC parents.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Nick runs an amazing B&B, clean, modern, all the touches and tremendously comfortable.

With our daughter at CLC, the location is ideal and well within a short walking distance of College and the Town Centre.

Slightly noisy ok, but what do you expect in a town centre on a Friday night?

Love the Art as well.

This is Cheltenham hospitality at its best. Rather stay here than anywhere else in the Town.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My daughter and I flew to England for CLC school tour so I decided to book the shortest walking distance with no experience of B&B. I WAS KIND OF WORRIED. But the 2 nights we stayed turned out to be the best 2 days ever in the sense of hospitality and delicacy. We felt the special care from every single thing Nick has put his touch on. We felt like we were home just with different English Breakfast instead of our asian meals. We miss Nick, the kind,noble and helpful owner of this boutique property till today.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here while my partner and I were attending a ukulele festival and could not have been happier with the place, the owners, the truly outstanding breakfasts and the room. Loved the atmosphere. Loved the friendliness of the owners. It may have ruined us for any other B&B's because in decades of travel neither my partner nor I have stayed at a better place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband & I stayed for 1 night whilst the Cheltenham Food & Drink festival was on. Nick is an absolute joy and such a nice person. His 'B & B' is beautifully furnished and full of original features. You can see and appreciate, that Nick has put a lot of time, love and effort into making his home such a beautiful place. It is literally around the corner from the shopping promenade and is situated in Montpellier, which is a lovely district of Cheltenham, with upmarket shops, bars , cafes & restaurants. It is definitely worth a short walk to Suffolk parade , to look at the wonderful 19th century Regency buildings. Our room had a lovely comfy bed & stylish ensuite and the breakfast was delicious, especially the home made bread!!. In fact, we didnt want to leave but we will be back as soon as we can. Thank you Nick for a special time. Mrs & Mrs Thompson

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed for one night on business. Couldn't have been better. Central location. Free parking. Lovely room and bathroom - exactly as pictured. Host was always available but never intrusive and provides an excellent breakfast to set you up for the day. I'm spoiled now - This will be a hard act to follow

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business