“Very good value lunch”

Chelsea Bar and Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Chelsea Bar and Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 446 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$30 - US$61
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: THE BRASSERIE Sophisticated, relaxed, contemporary. The Chelsea Brasserie offers modern British cuisine infused with European recipes and techniques. Locally sourced produce and seasonal ingredients are central to the menu's innovative dishes. The head chef and his team are dedicated to producing food that is based on a clear understanding of flavor, encompassing a lighter style of cooking. The sleek and stylish dining room provides the prefect backdrop for any occasion from intimate dinners to business lunches. THE BAR Luxurious yet relaxed, to compliment the restaurant. The Chelsea's Bar is open all day serving a wide selection of fine wines, beers and cocktails.Cocktails are made using only the best and freshest ingredients, the wine list boasts an eclectic selection of old and new world wines. Table service is provided as well as a selection of nibbles.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
1,008 restaurant reviews
“Very good value lunch”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had our first visit here at lunchtime today and were both very pleased with the experience.
The food was very well cooked and presented: we both started with whitebait, followed with pea risotto (my wife's, which was excellent) and scampi (for me, which was fine), and then we even had deserts (both very good). The service was friendly and efficient throughout. And it was all excellent value at £11.95 for the 3-course lunch.
I suspect we will return.

• Visited October 2013

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great steak”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Having gone to the opening night of this restaurant back in mar 13, we always said that we would go back and try the full menu but as always never had time to do so. Having gone tonight 3 oct 13 I really do not know why I waited so long. We went in early and they offer an early eating two course menu at £13.95 per head which has a relatively good choice but we decided to go for the main menu. I had the crab cakes and my wife had the goats cheese tart, both appeared quickly superbly presented and both delicious. For the main course I decided to go for the 8oz fillet steak while she chose the duck. When the steak arrived it was huge and cooked perfectly. When I bit into it, it melted in my mouth I have not had a steak like that since 2002. And the duck was also tasty and cooked to perfection. Good wine, extremely good atmosphere and very friendly staff. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited October 2013
cheltenham
“very nice”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The food was good. Not outstanding but good. The service was extremely pleasant from all staff and it felt very elegant. However, the restaurant layout is unfortunate. Running down he middle of the restaurant is a partition which essentially splits the restaurant into two halves. This is particularly unpleasant when one side is empty with just a couple of tables yet the other side is buzzing and busy. It makes one feel as if there is a party going on on the other side and you're not invited. Midweek this is a problem as the nicest side in my opinion is the far side away from the window but obviously they fill the other side to make it look full and attractive to passers-by. I will not dine there mid-week because I dislike that side of the restaurant and the other side is not used. it is not a large restaurant so it is unnecessary to have the partition. Management, rethink the partition and I guarantee you will have a far busier and successful restaurant. At the moment it feels like two separate venues.

• Visited August 2013
Frodsham, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were staying at the nearby Strozzi Palace for a whirlwind trip to Cheltenham and had originally booked another restaurant which we thought was too far away. We walked past the Chelsea Bar on our way to look at the town. On the way back we popped in for a glass of wine and decided as it was nearby we would book a table. It was the last one. We found the staff to be very friendly the food excellent (Pork loin for husband Sea trout for me) Music was a little loud but we were tucked in a corner so fortunately it wasn't too intrusive. Definitely would recommend.

Visited September 2013
“Group of 19, good service, friendly staff, excellent evening.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Husband booked meal here for my birthday - we have been before (with 1 previous review)
I felt I need to review again based on how well the group was handled.
They complied with my husbands request for a menu change for our group (food was pre ordered)
My starter was good, my steak was amazing, still think they are not quite there with deserts just yet.
Lovely atmosphere, good cocktail list, contemporary decor & handle groups well.
If you are thinking about going, stop thinking & go! Don't know why it's low down on TA ratings, should be in the top 10, if not top 5!

• Visited September 2013