“Not sure what all the fuss is about?”
Review of Appleby Coffee Company - CLOSED

Appleby Coffee Company
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: A stylish cafe situated inside Festival house.
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I am a real coffee lover, so I was intrigued to see this place rated top for Cheltenham so decided that I must give it a shot and also make it the subject of my first TA review.
Well my review title tells all - the flat white is not at all special (I am never tempted by the strange concoctions) and certainly does not rank up with several great coffee shops in town.
I doubt that I will be returning.

5  Thank Cecil C

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Nick and Anna have consistently made the best drinks I have ever tasted. I keep meaning to work my way down their unique choice of hot and cold drinks but always get stuck buying the Spiced Chai as my mouth simply loves it. I go to Empire LARP and they looked after me one morning when I got horrendously hungover too, bless their kind hearts. It might be too much to say the only reason I go to Empire is for the coffee but it's VERY high on my list! Please start a chain of coffee shops - you'd easily rival the best out there.

1  Thank Anska
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Am puzzled how a mobile kiosk on wheels serving up very average coffee can be rated number one restaurant in Cheltenham above the likes of Lumiere etc. My only visit was for a flat white which was not a patch on what is provided in any of the chains and could only be classed as vending machine standard. Trip Advisor should be a reliable guide and in this case I feel it is very misleading.

8  Thank Seeiteatit
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I regularly buy my drink and food from Appleby Coffee Company. Nick and Anna are both extremely friendly and provide the best customer service I have received within Cheltenham. Appleby Coffee company offer the most awesome drinks, I regularly buy a latte in the morning which is the best latte in Cheltenham! They also have nearly every syrup out there.
Nick and Anna regularly come up with awesome ideas for coffees and milkshakes which taste incredible. I asked Nick if I could have a cold drink, and asked him to make me any cold drink, he made me a strawberry and bubblegum milkshake which tasted amazing (I am now pretty much addicted to the drink!).
The food is also superb, they source all there meat from a local butchers which therefore makes for an epic bacon sandwich if I must say so myself! There BLT is the best I have had and that's no exaggeration, it generally is awesome(Nice thick roll, which 3 pieces of thick bacon mmmmmm)

I am yet to find a fault with the Appleby Coffee Company and would recommend them to anyone.

2  Thank Ed T
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The coffee is excellent, Nick and Anna are really friendly and the sandwiches are wonderful. I've been supporting them since they opened the trailer because it's really convenient for my office and because the food is miles better than a lot of other places. Toasted sandwiches are a gem (especially the cheese and marmite toastie). I can't recommend them enough - if you want great tasting food and excellent coffee then you have to visit the Appleby Coffee Co.

1  Thank Sanchia G