“Friendly helpful staff, good facilities & range of classes, plenty of parking”

Cheltenham Leisure Centre
Ranked #36 of 67 things to do in Cheltenham
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I visit regularly and have never encountered an unhelpful member of staff so thought it about time I wrote a review!
There are so many things going on from major competitions to roller disco and all the regular facilities of different pools & a good gym.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I moved to Cheltenham last year, so decided to join a gym to keep fit. I researched a number of different ones, but was keen to join one with a swimming pool, as I like to swim in the evenings.

Leisure@Cheltenham offer very competitive membership rates, so I joined. I've now been going regularly for about six months. It's a great facility, although on the outside, it does look rather like a Stalinist carbuncle that you would find in an eastern European city! Inside, it's a lot more modern and recognisable as a leisure centre. The gym is well stocked and run - it's easy enough to get on the machines and work off a mars bar or two! The pool is great, although it can get very full, and you can't use it on Tuesday and Thursday evenings because it's booked by Cheltenham Swimming Club, which irritates me as those two days would be my preferred swimming times! I agree that the changing village floors are often mucky, but I think this is probably just because it's well used. I often see staff cleaning.

The spa facilities are pretty good, although very popular with Eastern Europeans!

1  Thank Martin R
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I always enjoy my swim the only negative thing, is that if you go in the afternoon sometimes the floors in the changing rooms are very dirty.

1  Thank 755patriciaw
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The new gym has just opened with a good range of weights and exercise equipment. It can get a little crowded at times but you never have to wait for equipment. Instructors are always on hand to give help and advice and are very friendly and approachable. There is also a large sized swimming poor, diving pool as well as sports halls, courts and too many sports classes to list ... something for everyone and right next to a beautiful park to visit too. Prices are very good.

1  Thank jonandam
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I took my 5 year old grandson there, the facilities are clean and well cared for, the staff are friendly, it can be very crowded but not as bad as the lido!
Will be going back, now I know the lay out I can manage my 3 year old granddaughter too.
Great place.
Highly recommended.
What sort of visit was this and you can on state one but actually it's for everyone!

3  Thank Rhiacrewe t