“Loved it!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The genuine French Restaurant of Cheltenham
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Visited last night with my friend who was over visiting from Dubai and I wanted to go somewhere special as I don't get to see her very often.

We were warmly greeted by all the staff including the owner Elizabeth who is just adorable!

For my main course I had the vegetarian option, a pancake with ratatouille and cheese and my friend had the chicken. Both arrived with a delightful selection of vegetable accompaniments. It was all delicious and I cleared my plate (unusual for me!)

For dessert I chose the chocolate fondant which was just divine! My friend went for the crepes.

The little touches such as the amuse bouche to start and the homemade bread just make the whole L'Artisan experience a delight.

I'm normally an Italian restaurant kinda girl but am now totally converted to French cuisine and will definitely be back, next time with hubby in tow.

Dear Customer,
All the team has really appreciate the review you wrote. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were celebrating my Father-inLaw's 70th birthday and wanted to try somewhere new. I had looked on TA and came across L'Artisan, and decided to look at their web-site. My husband and I both loved the sound of the menu and decided to give it a try. I could tell as soon as I had spoken to Elisabeth to make the booking that we were going to be in for a treat. We were not disappointed. We were made very welcome on arrival and shown straight to our table, loved having linen tablecloths, such a treat these days. The menu is superb, and it took the 5 of us quite some time to decide what to have!! The home made bread was absolutely delicious. I'm not going to describe every dish we had, would take far too long, all I will say is every single meal was fantastic, beautifully presented, perfectly cooked. Elisabeth and Yves are very welcoming hosts and we will most certainly be visiting at every opportunity. Thank you for such a memorable evening!

Dear Customer,
We would like to thank you for this review and are very happy you enjoyed to eat in our restaurant.
Best regards.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Fantastic experience . Definately recommended the restaurant to everyone I know . I went there last Friday with a girlfriend who hasn't tried much French food before and we both loved it. I would recommend everything on the menu especially the pan fried scallops with king prawns and crushed potatoes( it was absolutely exquisite) . The staff where so kind,friendly and attentive .The ambience beautiful .its nice that as busy as the night was the head chef Yves came to check on all the tables . Definately coming back. Thank you all for an amazing experience .

Dear Customer,
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

From start to finish the service here was impeccable. We were made to feel really welcome and very well looked after. The menu was very varied, food is beautifully presented and tasted great.

This restaurant is simply lovely and I am looking forward to visiting again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

L'Artisan is now clearly right at the top of our list as one of our favourite restaurants to go in Cheltenham!

From the welcoming returned call I received from Elizabeth, to the great flow of excellently priced wine, gorgeous true & honest French food, we would highly recommend L'Artisan to anyone.
In fact, I've already told my girlfriends we've got a new place to go and eat!
There's such a wonderful French flow through-out the restaurant to enjoy a dinner in and even Ives, the chef and husband of Elizabeth, comes out to speak to you at the end of evening.

Warm, welcoming and stuffed to the nines, I’m already booked to go back on Wednesday for another experience.

Go and try, support the newly opened restaurant and you'll not regret it!

Merci Beaucoup Elizabeth & Ives

See you soon!

Les Rullier's :-)

Dear Customer,
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate it.